Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so every time i have one of my friends bring over his 5 month old golden retriever daisy just want to play but she gets very dominant tries to stand on her and will do nothing but bite and pull at her.. stands with her chest out if his puppy is on the ground or uses her body to push her aside... she does the same thing with any dog i bring her around... anything i can do to help this behavior??

but with little kids and people she is very good loves people and i dont see the dominant behavior come out

she starts puppy classes in a week

here is a recent pic of her last week with my niece

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sounds like a puppy to me ;) lol Winter plays the same way. If she is out of hand I do pull her aside and settle her and let her try again. Puppy class will help. I find that in every class there A least one Rough one and the other pups will help teach her. :) how does the golden respond to her?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a puppy to me ;) lol Winter plays the same way. If she is out of hand I do pull her aside and settle her and let her try again. Puppy class will help. I find that in every class there A least one Rough one and the other pups will help teach her. :) how does the golden respond to her?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I will do the same i will set her aside between my legs and let her sit down till she calms down... the let her try it again... the golden is a lot bigger than her and pretty much ignores what she is trying to do she is more interested in a ball or what not... i was hoping the golden would put her in her place but that doesn't seem to happen..

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Daisy is adorable!
I agree!!!

Puppy class will help, tell the trainer what is happening and they should be able to give you some tips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys... yes it is hard to stay mad at her... she seems to grow so fast every day.. we just got back from a walk working on not pulling when walking.. she got the concept fast that if there wasn't any pulling she got a treat... ran out of treats fast

·
Registered
503 Posts
At Puppy preschool Sally annoyed all the labs jumping on them (about 4 of them), so when free play time came, and she went to jump on them they all sat on her, and looked around very innocently "there's no Boxer here!"
She worked it out!

Then with my SIL's spaniel x poodle he was trying to dominate her when she was about his size, and biting and getting too rough, next thing she sat on him, and didn't move until he gave in, she had to do it twice for him to get the idea, but there is peace now (except when she wants to play she barks at him until he gives in.)
They know how to deal with these things as long as you supervise, they might just need to work it out!
And with two pups it may go back and forth.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
seems like typical boxer puppy play. but like others said training will help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts