Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our caravan site in Wales, the people that own the caravan next door to us have got a beautiful brindle male boxer called Blade. He's nearly 5 years old and he is such a big, handsome boy. He's not so good with other dogs though, that is other dogs except for our Daisy! They have yet to go and have a play together loose on the beach but they both had so much fun playing together on the caravan site!
Poor Blade ended up with Daisy drool all over his head in the excitement, but to us it's brilliant to see Daisy playing and interacting with another boxer. I don't know if any of you get this problem but most dogs don't tend to accept Daisy because of her boxer exuberance! I think they just find her too much or perhaps see her as a threat when she bounds up to them!
Now we are back home though, I think she is a bit lovesick! Hopefuly, next time we go to the caravan again Blade will be there waiting for his girlfriend Daisy!
(I must get pics next time for you all to see!)

Heather

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh, so it's not just towards Voltaire that other dogs are 'dog racist' :wink:! I thought it was the flat face and little tail that put the other dogs off but you're right -  it's probably that "boxer exuberance" The wanting to cut short on the wary introductions and get straight on with a bit of brutal play! And it doesn't matter how much another dog growls and doesn't want to play, he will keep on & on & on at them! A bit like the annoying friend who wakes you up at 8:30 on a sunday morning to go for a "nice" 10 mile bike ride :lol: ! A boxer's best friend is another boxer - no doubt! Who else has that much energy? :D Lots of happy days ahead in Wales for Daisy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts