Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sort of.  She went with attila last tuesday to doggy training.  Being attila has a broken leg he could not practice that much.  So we brought daphne and she did very well.  About 1/2 way through the class daphne decided to not want to participate so are trainer brought out the agility tunnel and dog jump stand.  She did very well with the tunnel and jumping while being off leash and without treats.

Today I went to my fathers house and decided to build my own jumping platform for Daphne.  We made it so she can practice at 6, 12, 18, and 24" high.  It is made of spare pieces of wood and small metal pipe that will be replaced with PVC pipe next week.  She so far cleared the 6 and 12" but we will see later on if she can do the 18".

I will post pictures later this week.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
How old is she???  Just asking because she should not be jumping high until 2 years of age.  Also if she is doing 24's she should be over 22 inches tall.   Thats good she learned it, however as fun as doing it at home is, make sure you work with your trainer on proper technique to avoid injury   :wink:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is only a 14months but she is basically only walking over the 6 and 12" levels.  I dont plan on really doing the 18 or 24" untill she gets older like you stated.  At home she really doesnt jump up but more outward.  I have measured she can jump about 8' out at about 1/2 her full running speed.  She is a big girl standing about 23" to the top of her shoulders.  Attila is only about 19" to the top of his shoulders.  Once we finish basic obedience, Attila will be going into the advanced and then CGC training while daphne will go to advanced and then to agility.  I dont think the agility like the dogs on tv but more of a way for her to unleash her energy.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Ok, at 14 month her growth plates are not closed, so best to not IMO go above 6 inches (even if she can go higher) if it were me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont believe she would be able to compete due to being fixed.  I will check out that link once I finish my college class work that is due in 2hours.  I should have not waited till the last moment and I keep switching between IE windows....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts