Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auuugh!!  After all the talk about overvaccinating on the board lately, I made a decision that I was only going to give Oggie the minimal annual vaccinations.  But heres the problem, the daycare I bring him to requires the kennel cough (bordetella) vaccine EVERY 6 MONTHS!  I tried to explain to them my concerns and they just looked at me like I'm a crackpot.   They said there are no exceptions, and were like "its no big deal....we can even give the intranasal right here."

I'd just as well never go back but Oggie loves it there.  This sucks.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Ours requires the same, no exceptions.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you give the intranasal one or the injection?  I've read on here and other places that the injectable is better for boxers but the intranasal seems to be more common

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Same at my daycare facility. And they recommend every 6 months but you can just do it yearly.
Ollie got the intranasal one ...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah had had one before i rescued and I haven't taken Kiah to daycare since the last shot lapsed but will have to take her soon since I have meetings where I won't have anyone to take them out for me.  i am going to request the injectable for Kiah.  Keegan just had one in March but that was before I got him too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have always in the past past used intranasal kind Sully, never had any problems..neither of mine are kenneled or go to daycare so they don't get it now

G

·
0 Posts
We gave Bruce the intransel kind, and after 2 weeks of daycare, Bruce get kennel cough.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The intra-nasal bacterin confers immunity more quickly but the injectable version last longer in the system.....Either way if they require it every six months and most reputable places will....you are kind of stuck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts