Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stella our 6 month old went in today she was very healthy vet said the surg was routine but she died has this ever happened to any of you when we asked what went wrong they could not give us any anything they just said it can happen if anyone has any info please let me know thanks

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
wow... I am so sorry.  I have never heard of that before!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, and did they use ACE (anestesia)?   There could be numerous things, but you would need to Vet to tell you for sure.  Did you order a autopsy?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Theres an anesthetic that is deadly to boxers its called Acepromazine. Boxer's have a sensitivity to it... or so ive read. Some other people may be able to help you out a bit more.

im sorry for your loss..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sorry, slow typist here. Please ask your vet about the ACE, if that is the case they need to be made aware of the special dangers of ACE for boxers.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am very very sorry to hear about your loss, I would ask about what they used for anesthesia... All the other replies above are correct... Call and ask them first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that's terrible, i've never herd of this either other than the issues with ACE, poor little girl :cry:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sorry for your loss. A friend of mine had a boxer that they breed and when she went to have the puppies she couldn't so the vet did a c-section. All was ok so they thought in about an hour the mom died. The vet did test and sd that she had a blood disorder where he blood would not clot. Ask vet about that? They did not know she had it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I worked for a vet for several years and this did sometimes happen.  We always had clients sign a waiver form and explain to them the dangers of anesthesia.  I tried to explain that there is always a chance that when animals or people for that matter go under that they might not wake up.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm sure your heart is hurting.  :cry:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you...There is always a risk during surgery, but I definitely agree, an autopsy would be very helpful and I would be asking about the anethesia used

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just printed out warning about ace have never heard of this before I will ask the vet about it said that they would call today and tell us what  they found out about her death but they still have not called but I will give the the warning that I printed out again thank you all

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think what everyone is saying about ace is true will know more tomorrow and I will let you all know thank you

1 - 20 of 58 Posts