Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at about 6pm last night my doorbell rang and when I opened it there stood the puppy nanny holding the most beautiful little puppy I ever saw ( besides my Ekim). I brought Ekim out onto the porch and let him sniff the new puppy, then they both gently walked into the house. Ekim entered the house first and Delila followed. The puppy nanny gave me some papers to sign and handed me a gift bag. The breeder sent all of Delila's belongings and of course her health certificates. She sent the puppies toys, dishes, food, snacks, a leash, collar, a small clock, hot water bottle, and a pretty soft pink blanket with her momma and litermate's scent on it. She also sent a photo album with her name stenceled on it and all of her pictures from birth up until the day she left. Ekim and the puppy are getting along fine, she loves to cuddle next to him. She is very playful and looks like she can give Ekim a run for his money. After a sleepless night ( she cried in the crate all night ), both Ekim and Delila were off to the vet. Delila weighs 12 lbs and the vet said she looks very well taken care of and checks out fine healthwise. She has another appointment in 3 weeks. Ekim on the other hand gained 4 more lbs and he has been on a diet the past 2 months. He weighs 95 lbs. So he had a series of bloodtests to check for thyroid problems, the poor guy eats 1&1/2 cups of food twice a day with some greenbeans or carrots. He is always hungry. He is limited to 2 fat free lo cal snacks, I am at a loss. The only thing I could think of is he is such a couch potatoe, maybe the new puppy will get him motivated to run around more. I know this is long but I am having a problem getting the puppy to go potty outside. I was out in the middle of the night for over 40 minutes each time and again today and she wouldn't go potty outside. I brought her inside put her back in her crate and pow, pooped and pee pee in the crate. I had to wash the blanket with the momma's scent,so that won't be any help. The breeder did paper train her so I brought the paper outside but it didn't work either. Oh and I just realized, she doesn't know the difference between paper and throw rugs. Sorry this is so long but I didn't realize how much I forgot about puppy training.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Congratulations on your new arrival!!! So glad she arrived safe, sound and very healthy.  Good luck with her and the house training!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congrats on the new baby cant wait to see pictures of her. As for potty training I have a new puppy to and she is going outside but sometimes still makes accidents. I just started letting her outside after about twenty min(after feeding) and anytime I would see her drink water in about twenty I will ask her if she wants outside (but still put her out to teach her outside) and it seems to be working fine. I ask her if she has to go outside and she goes to the door. She is older and had already started training when I got her so I was lucky I hope this helps a little good luck though.
Samantha and Haven

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby!  Good luck with the training and can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Congratulations, sounds like you found a great breeder.  Try collecting her mess and put it outside where you want her to potty.  If she smells it there she may get the idea that is where she needs to go.  Also make sure to clean her crate (natures miracle) and bedding to make sure there are no smells left.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Congratulations on Delila!  :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts