Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, my Delila doesn't want to eat, I actually had to hand feed her today. I added warm water to her kibble, tried some canned food, yogurt, and the gravy mix from the pet store. She is eating Iams for puppies. How much are puppies supposed to eat a day? Also Mr. Ekim growled  and pawed at her everytime she went to play with her toys. I don't know if he is playing or not  so I didn't want to repremand him to much, I kept saying the word easy and praised him when he was gentle. Oh, she has been sleeping quietly in the crate and is getting the hang of going potty outside. Only one accident yesterday and it was my fault.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Give her a few more days to get accustomed to her new surroundings. It's not uncommon for puppies to do that when they first come home.Is the Iams the same thing that the breeder was feeding?...Ekim is establishing his territory, that is expected, and you are doing great. He needs time and patience to accept the new addition...Try to make sure that he also gets some quality time with you, and when you feed them, give him his food first, same with treats....Samson was very territorial when we brought Angel home, still is actually...His woof is law around here  :) Glad to hear that crate training is going well, that makes a huge difference!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about her not eating for a day or so, until she gets settled in from traveling and getting use to her new home.  Willow already asked whether this was the same food she was eating at the breeders so I really can't add anything except to say welcome home Delilah and keep us posted as to her progress.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the same food from the breeder. Any suggestions on what kind of food to switch to as I am not a fan of Iams. I can't remember what Ekim was on when he was a puppy because we were always changing foods due to allergies.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
There is a Sticky topic in the food section that would really be helpful for you, It has the premium foods listed and also another topic that rates them as well.....A lot of times you are better off buying from smaller individually run pet shops or feed stores versus the big chains like Petsmart and such.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts