Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the breeders, first I talked to the wife.  She said she had been doing some research on demodex and said it is caused by stress (which isn't entirely true, stress can bring on an out-break, its not the cause of it) so she asked me if we were giving him enough attention.  I wanted to hang up the phone, I know she had the right to ask but I love my baby more then anything.  He gets more bed then I do at night, I think he gets enough attention.  I don't think she really wants to pay for anymore bills so she is trying to say its our fault.  We are trying everything in our power to get rid of it and keep it gone.  But then she put her husband on the phone, he is the one that deals with everything.  And this is who I dealt with last time.  I explained everything we are doing and everything the vet said, and also told him we are going back to the vet on Saturday and I will let him know what she says then.  He said he believes we are doing everything possible to help Duke and make him healther all the way around.  So after Saturday if the vet says that she thinks it will be a reacurring problem I am going to discuss with the breeders about if we should figure something else out, longer contract, something like that.  But I wanted to give you guys an update and say thanks again for the help.  Duke loved the sardines, we didn't love the breath though :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
The breeder sounds like a reasonable person, hope everything works out for you and the vets can finlly get rid of the mange  for him.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope Duke's case of demodex clears up fast and you can resolve this with your breeder.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Glad to hear that things went pretty well with the breeder.  Even if the current out break is cleared they (the breeders/ or your vet) can NOT guarantee that your dog will not have another out break at some point.  You can boost the immune system and do all the things to help improve the chance, but there is not a way to say your baby wont break out again at a later time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts