Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came in last night and Deuce had been in the trash which he hardly ever does.  He destroyed a Wendy's bag and I am pretty sure that he ate the hamburger wrapper part with the aluminum on the outside.  He threw up this morning though there was only a few tiny pieces of the wrapper in it.  He has been sleeping all day and I am dog sitting my roommate's girlfriends dog right now and he has no interest in playing with him.  Usually they go nuts when they see each other.  I am worried about him because he just doesn't feel good.  Is there anything that I should do for him.  The vets are closed since it is Sunday.  Will he just poop the rest of it out or will that aluminum hurt him in anyway?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Ouch, I don't have an answer for you...I would assume he will poop the rest out but not 100% sure...hope he's okay! Maybe you could call the eVet and ask just to be certain.

·
Registered
441 Posts
do you have an emergency vets near you???? Someone else will probably have a better response, but I would at least consider taking him in~

·
Registered
913 Posts
Geez..no help here..I am on poop patrol right now as Ashley ate one of her Posts for her ears..( basically round door insualation..with two pieces of breathable sports tape ) Just bang..GONE.
I hope Deuce is ok..the aluminum part is what worries me..but all you can do is call the emergency vet if his behaviour continues to change ( stinks that its Sunday..I know! ) and do the "exam on everything that he poo's out....I'm hoping for "The Boxer that lays the silver egg" for you!! lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i feel like he will get it out of his system... it prolly just isnt yet.... dungy last week ate a pair of my underwear... the whole thing lol... and acted weird that whole day but at night threw it alll up and was normal again

p.s... if i was him i would have gone after the wendys wrapper too.... so yummy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Judging from everything my girl has got her grubby little paws on, I would say don't panic (yet).  My girl has eaten ciggs, cardboard, plants, sheet rock (my wall), wax paper that the chinese noodles are wrapped in, potted dirt....the list goes on.  The only time she's thrown up is when she got a hold my ciggs, other than that, she just poops it out later.  She is so dam quick to steel things and run like a rabbit.  If your pup doesn't improve by tomorrow, I would call the vet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys everyone.  He is sleeping right now which he has been doing all day.  I went out last night and when we came home about 1 he was fine.  He was really playful like always.  He ate the wrapper somewhere between 7-8 last night when I was gone to eat.  Then about 7:30 this morning we are in bed and he starts to hack and cough and I thought he was gonna throw up so I brought him out to the living room and we have been out here since.  Like I said he threw up that once and thats been it.  He did poop and I guess I need to go look at it because it didn't realy hit me what it was until after he had pooped.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Just keep an eye on him, but should be fine....Angel got sick yesterday morning when I was out running errands and later I found pieces of a plastic bag in the back yard....Grrr. Hard to watch them round the clock, I know...Hoping Deuce is doing fine tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts