Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color=indigo:hp6q18il][size=100:hp6q18il]I have a puppy about 3mos...this little guy will not stop pooping! We take him out and he goes, and goes, and goes. We take him back in because how could he go anymore?? Then he keeps going...what the ----? I don

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jeni..I feed the same to Ashley..and she does just fine. Have you had her checked for internal parasites? Also, we had the crash course on diahrea 101 when she came home...actually hade like little puppy flu..antibiotics..and a medicine the vet gave her cleared her up in 2 days..
Please be carefull for dehydration in a pup that young..watch her water intake, and consider a vet visit tommorow.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Well I wasn't familiar with the new Iams so I went to a very good website - www.dogfoodanalysis.com - and looked it up.

Iams Pro Health Large Breed Puppy

It didn't score very well (scored a 1 out of 5). It is heavy in not good quality grains. Also the third ingredient is corn meal and the fifth ingredient is Corn grits. Boxers and corn don't usually go well together. As well it contains beet pulp which is a controversial filler in dog foods. I would check out the above link that I gave to the food you are using and read the review on the product towards the bottom of the page. This website is a very good tool and hope it might prove to be helpful to you!

(to the mods - hope it was okay to post these links)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Try a different brand of dog food. There is a sticky on food tips and diet info for dog food analysis. We feed chicken soup for the dog lovers soul and have great results with it.  :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
What may for for one dog will not work for another  - unfort. part of raising a puppy is finding what foods work with his system and which ones do not.  Also adding a probiotic will help with digestion but IMO I would get another 5lb bag of food - different brand  -check out the food sections tons of info there!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely try a different food, but you can also add a teaspon of pumpkin to help firm up the stools, but this is not something to do continously tho....Help boost that immune system also by adding some fish oil, it will also make for a nice shiny coat too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts