Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Eli has been on Life's Abundance...he would chew on his feet all the time, had dirty ears, and would have the NASTIEST tear stains (he is white and this stood out).  This december I switched him to Canidae...first, he would hardly eat...his zeal for eating left...like he did not like it..it would take an hour to eat what normally takes 5 minutes for him...at first he wasn't chewing his feet, but then it began again....all the time...chewing (i think even worse than LIfe's abundance)...but miraculously the tear stains disappeared...then I took him to the vet and he had a bad ear infection in both ears...the vet said prob due to allergies...

I can not afford 800 dollars for allergy testing so I switched Eli (and his sis Ava) to Dick Van Patten's Duck and Potato...reason being it has no chicken, beef, turkey, and rice in it...Eli's tear stains are still gone (thank God) and he scarfs his food down..loves the taste...his chewing on the feet is slowly regressing....and both of my babies coats is at it's shiniest...

I pay $46 for a 30 lb bag on this...it is quite expensive and was just checking to see if it is a good food...i only will feed my dog's good food but I am nervous because i can find it at Petco...all the food i've normally fed is found at feed stores or via internet...not at the petstore...i do like that it is at Petco bc with the PALS program the 11th bag is FREE!!

Please give me your advice and opinion on this food if you've had any experience

Jenny C

·
Registered
99 Posts
I feed DVP Natural Balance Ultra to all 3 of my dogs.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I agree with Lori, a lot of Boxers have issues with food and allergies...Finding a food that works sometimes is a long process, but if you have found something that works, stick with it...That is a great food, single source of protein, which seems to really help those Boxers with allergies.... :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My mom feeds that to her labs. Her chocolate has massive allergies, and the duck and potato works wonders for her as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts