Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i spent about an hour at a pet store that had every good food on the list but i wanted to get chicken soup... so i found it and got it, but they didnt have it for large breed so i just got regular... is that ok??? he ate it and likes it... at least the little bit mixed in w/ his regular food

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i think as long as the protein % isnt too high it should be ok. many seem to think the large breed is just a gimmick and i think it mainly has a little less protein to slow the growth a bit if i remember correctly. If im wrong on this please someone correct me. glad to hear he likes it!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The large breed puppy, according to the website has 27% versus the regular puppy which has 28%...Could you ask them to order it for you?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe... is 1% really that big of a deal... jw... i was looking at lots of large breed foods and they went from 26 to 28

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry to  post again but royal canin has large breed puppy on their website and its protein percent is 32... thats for large breed, isnt that alot, shouldnt 28% be ok

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've been told that large breed food isn't good for boxers. Since boxers are not a large breed. they're medium.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We feed large breed dog food and fed large breed puppy food.  Our Ziggi is 90lbs and teaki is 65-70lbs.  If they are out of the large breed we will get the regular (same brand of food) but like to stick with the large breed if possible.  I guess at the weight of our dogs I would consider them large breed.  I have read that boxers are medium breed and also saw places that consider them large breed so I don't know.  I know that out of the 4 we have had their sizes have all been different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts