Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no idea mine was but after our recent snowfall of 6 inches I found out that mine was, but not in the usual sense.  Now we live in the mountains of North Carolina and rarely see snow.  In fact Mateo has only seen snow three times.  I got out the sled and started sledding down the hill in the yard.  He was trying to communicate something to me.  I finally asked him would he like to get on?  Didn't have to ask that question twice.  He sat just as still as could be as we slid down the hill and was so excited for more.  

Nano

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
OMG, I can't believe it, I would have never thought to do that.  Great picture.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my gosh, that is soo cute!!! So when you finished did he say in Boxerese "can we do it again?" :) By the way, I love your siggy, Mateo & Talia are lovely

G

·
0 Posts
Thats funny I tottally was ready to read information about Boxers trading places with Huskys

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
haha that is soooooooo cute..i could never see Maverick asking to come on a sled with me...he would be more like...ok crazy lady im going to get some food and watch my tv...maybe chase the cat? lol..and yes what willow said love your sig and your dogs are beautiful...also..i REALLY love their names!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That's great!  :D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.  I finally had Mastray do the sig for me as I am a total computer idiot.  I had been trying for the last year an half and gave up. Your sig's are all so cute that I just had to have one too.

Mateo is a one in a million dog, very laid back, of course he is the one with a heart problem so that might be part of it.  Talia just wanted to chase after the sled and bite at my coat.  Mateo was running after her trying to get her to quit it so I put her up and asked him if he wanted a ride. And yes, he did ask in Boxerese to go again.  Jumping around and kidney beaning and pulling on the sled and barking.  In fact he tried to help pull the sled back up the hill for the next ride!

I really think they would be good sled dogs with the strength they have for pulling.  Their problem would be their short faces that would hinder their endurance which would never rival the husky's.  BTW we were in Alaska this last fall and most of the sled dogs they use in competition are very crossbred and don't even look like huskies.  They are crossing with border collies and other types.  I was very surprised.

This is a really nice forum with nice people on it BTW.  Much more personable than Boxer World.

Nano

·
Registered
316 Posts
AWESOME!!  I used to love sledding when I was a kid, though growing up in FL I got very few opportunities!!!.  Now I live GA and when it does snow it doesn't stick.  How wonderful that you can share the fun with your boxer.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nano!  You totally had me going.....we live in northern California and when we traveled up North I was freaking out about possible hypothermia, bought Maggie a coat.  The entire Family (husbands side) were rolling on the floor laughing at me.  Mateo looks like he is having so much fun!!  Thanks so much for the GREAT picture

·
Registered
893 Posts
What a great pic, I wonder which one of you had more fun. I bet he kept you nice and warm.

G

·
0 Posts
Poor Mateo, what's wrong with his heart...that would have me so worried if he were mine.  How did you get his heart diagnosed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're so lucky! I can't get jake outside into the cold. He's been relapsing on his house training since a cold snap arrived a few days ago. It's been -50C with the wind chill factor here in Calgary so he can't tolerate more than one minute outside (but nor can I really). It's been really challenging trying to find things to do inside to keep him occupied. I can't wait until it warms up a little so he can have some time outside. Sledding looks like fun, we may try that!!! Thanks for sharing the picture!  8)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
How Fun!!! We've GOT to try it, Lord knows we get enough snow here  :lol: Your babies are beautiful and their names are great! I hear you about the sig, I even had to have help posting mine after Marie made it for me, I'm SO computer stupid :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
That is adorable.   We havent had snow in NYC in a while... it would be nice to take Jessie out sledding

1 - 20 of 27 Posts