Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
In your post it says that two dogs got out of the house and ran down the street and that their owner was able to get them before they were gunned down as vicious animals.... What law that says just because your pets get out they are automatically labeled vicious, misidentified as pitbulls (and even if they were pits how were they identified as vicious). The fact that there is to be a hearing means that they have been cited for violating some law and there will be a hearing.  Most cities do have laws that require a dog owner to keep animals under control at all times -- on a leash or secured in a yard.  They could be fined for "animals at large".  But I'd find an attorney for them to fight this.  If no one was harmed or no damage was done, an attorney would be the one to argue in defense of your friends and their dogs.  

I agree with everyone above, but I'd make sure my bases were covered and that I had someone to fight for me in court so they don't lose their pets.  

Make sure that they get a copy of the police or animal control report so they know exactly what they are being charged with.  Statements from neighbors could also be useful as well, as what Liz said.

It is outrageous, and I'm very sorry for your friends.  Keep us informed as to what happens.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That is why you get a copy of the police report and the Court's Complaint against your friends and read it thoroughly.  Make sure you (they) know what they are being charged with and why.  Until you know what the woman that called them in the first place told the officers, you don't know why they would have weapons drawn.  Police are not usually prone to want to take lethal action unless they believe that lives were in danger.  Police officers are pet owners too, so there must be more to this story and you need to find out what it is.  Two boxers romping and playing does not constitute agression.  What's wrong with this picture??????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.