Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new puppy has finally arrived!!!  We drove from New Jersey to North Carolina on Wednesday to stay at my cousin's house overnight.  Thursday morning we left North Carolina and drove to Alabama to pick up the puppy.  From Alabama we drove straight home to New Jersey.  We arrived home on Friday, around 1:30 in the afternoon.  We took him straight to the vet once we got him home to get him checked out.  His vet visit went fairly well.  He is 16 pounds at 8 weeks old.  His fecal came back negative.  He only has one small problem.  He has some kind of fungal/bacterial infection on his chin that we are treating with antibiotics and cream.  The vet scraped it to check for mites and ringworm and fortunately found neither.  He is staying at my boyfriend's dad's house with my boyfriend for 2 weeks until he is finished his meds.  The vet said until it goes away or we find out what it is, to keep him away from the others, incase it is something contagious.  Other than that, he is happy and healthy.

We've decided to name him Diesel.  Here are a few pictures from the ride home.  He slept most of the way.

I will be adding more pictures of his arrival at home.  I have to load to them to my computer still.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Congrats! He is adorable! That first pic made me melt. Looks like you guys had some fun dressing him up while he snoozed!  :lol: Well you know he's not a light sleeper that's for sure. I'm glad to hear he did well at the vet-hope his skin irritation clears up soon!

·
Registered
211 Posts
How sweet! I love him!!!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh what a little cutie!

Hope his infection clears quickly. Does the breeder have any insight into the problem? Have they had this on other pups?

Love the name you chose!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
OHMYGOODNESS...those chubby pink toes!!! He's just perfect! Please keep posting pics!!!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Wow he is gorgeous and i loe the name. :D

Oh man, 2 weeks till he gets to go home :(  bet thats gonna drag out, and to think you waited this long already!! :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Oh my, how precious is he!!! I love when they are nothing but wrinkles...too cute!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, what a little sweetheart....Welcome home Diesel, hope his little infection heals real quick

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Diesel is adorable!  :)  Congrats!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
He is sooo cute - and 16lbs is a good weight.   I would call and tell the breeder about the infection and make sure they test the rest of the litter.   Hoping it goes away fast and he is adorable!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Congratulations - Diesel is a cutie-pie. The cute pink toes and wrinkly skin make me all mushy for a puppy...

·
Registered
933 Posts
OMG!  What a cutie!  Looks like you guys had fun with him on the ride home...lol!  Hope he's all healed up soon.  I know you can't wait to bring him home!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts