Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about showing.  :lol:  In looking at some pics of boxers, especially euro's vs. na's, is there a standard to stacking. I always thought the hind legs should be underneath the body, but in looking at some pics, especially other countries, I notice a much more deeper stance. So, I guess my question is, when showing is there a guideline on stacking that you must adhere to, or is it the deeper the stance the better, or does it vary country to country?  

Aine, I hope you don't mind. I took the liberty to use your Eto as one of my models!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow I never noticed that before, good question!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Can i add to your question Lisa and ask how do you actually teach them to stand like that? I want to get Voltaire confirmed and i think it might help :?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Its mainly I think do to sparring.   This is when two boxers are faced toward each other and they "size" each other up.  Its part of the competion in European shows.   Also there is hardly any pro handlers in Europe and most owners handle their own dogs.  I also think they are not allowed to touch or position their dogs like NA handlers do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No problem  :wink:

In Europe it is common to position the dogs too, but mostly the people think boxers are showing better when they can move and exhibit their charakter.

at ATIBOX 2007 - Veteran brindle Males:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow, that is really neat, I'm really excited about European shows now, I'm going to have to look into them more!

·
Registered
14 Posts
When the boxers are young they often try to sit down.
We learn them to fix a ball in our one hand, when they stay it super, if they want to sit down we move the ball in our hand in one direction - away from the puppy, so they follow the movement and are standing again.
Then you don

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Aine, those photos are all "free stacks" per se? They are all gorgeous!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, mostly the dogs arefixing others, there you can perfectly see the upline, the angluations and so on.
If the dog is perfectly positioned you can better hide some faults in construction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an American Boxer and he only does that when he sees other dogs, yeah maybe it's just all about the sparring thing when they tend to size each other up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OHHH YEA! Euro boxers are WAY better looking than their american counterpart. I really dont like the AM.boxers long snouts and lanky frame. The Euro also has a better looking "stance" :mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
EUROBOXER said:
OHHH YEA! Euro boxers are WAY better looking than their american counterpart. I really dont like the AM.boxers long snouts and lanky frame. The Euro also has a better looking "stance" :mrgreen:
Personal opinions are like....um...noses. Everyone's got one.

Mine is that each "European" and "North American" style is beautiful in their own right. One's not better then the other at all.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous dogs! I love Boxers! I need to start going to shows... it looks like so much fun! Trip to Europe... any one wanna come? :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts