Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty mad.  Ferris was supposed to get here on Saturday but I received a call today saying they can't fly the dog when it is too hot outside.  They are shipping him via ground transport.  It makes no sense.  A two hour plane ride, or a twenty-two hour car ride.  No sense.
Anyone know why they do this??

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I know it stinks and makes no sense, but it is an airline rule..... They have to accept liability for the pet in the cargo area of the plane and when it is to hot or to cold they can not control the temp in there.

Sorry, but your baby will be here SOOOOOOOOOOONNNN, keep your head up!  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I remember when we shipped the dogs to Ireland they couldn't leave after a certain time of the morning and had to land before a certain time to avoid the heat. What happens is when the cargo plane lands, it actually will sit out on the tarmac for up to 2 hrs before the cargo including your dog is unloaded..Then, in my case, the dogs had to be cleared thru customs, all this time still in their crates!! So, they are looking out for the health of your dog, but believe me, I can understand your frustration. I am sure that the truck has A/C, they wouldn't allow Ferris to travel that ways otherwise..Just be there when he arrives, with a leash, a bowl of water, a towel and some treats..Oh yea and the camera!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The camera will definitely be in hand. I was told to bring some Pedialyte and a bottle of water, NutraCal to put on my finger so the first thing I do when I see the little guy is let him lick it off.  They told me to mix half the bottle of PediaLyte with half a bottle of water and let him drink it before we get in the car.  It seems as though the breeder is more than reputable with all the precautionary measures they are taking.  For that I must be thankful.
Pictures on the way soon!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts