Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 21month old Apollo is having a green discharge from his penis.  It's been for almost a month now.  We took him to the vet and they put him on an antibiotic.  Of course that didn't help. I actually think now he has a yeast infection in his ear.  Help!!!  Any advice or similar situations????

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That discharge is actually normal.  I have no idea why the vet wouldn't know/tell you that, but I'd be searching for a new vet if I were you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Donner periodically has discharge from his penis which is normal. He had a bout with yeast infection in his ears so we put a tablespoon of plain yogurt in with thier lunch and have had no more problems. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your responses.  I did start giving him yogurt about 2 weeks ago so hopefully the ear thing will clear up.  As for the other issue....  I guess I'll just see if it gets worse.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I know that you are all talking about the male but is it possible for somthing like this to also happen in females? Tessie has had something like this happening to her for a while and when she was at the vet to be fixed the vet didn't say anything about it. Also during and after she was on the antibiotics she still seemed to have the discharge. Please help with some info..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So...went to the vet today.  It was a different vet since the last visit.(liked her alot better)  Anyway, the discharge is normal when it is a whitish yellow.  When it's green it's an infection.  She wasn't alarmed.  She actually gave me a syringe so I can fill it with water and flush out his penis.(fun)  His ears were infected.  It was caused by a bacteria not a yeast.  He has drops now and should clear up soon. Thank God  :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts