Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Sirius to the vet today for a puppy checkup and a couple of vaccines.  He hasn't shown any signs of poor health, i.e. diarrhea or coughing.  Tonight, I was playing with him, and noticed that he had a good amount of greenish yellow discharge from his right eye.  Yesterday, I noticed that he had greenish yellow discharge from his penis, but I read a thread on the forum here that dismissed that as normal.  But now that I see the same exact color coming from his eye, I wonder if there could be an infection in his system.  The vet said his eye color looked normal.  

Are the two discharge incidents related, or could his vaccinations today have caused this?  

Could this be an eye infection?

This is the first time I have seen this, so I didn't bring it up with the vet today, but I can take him back tomorrow if I need to.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You might want to call the vet tomorrow, my understanding is that the eye boogers should b clear or have a whitish color and that is normal, if there is any yellow/green color that could mean that there is a small infection.  I know that discharge from the penis is normal.  Herbie still has it and he is 8 months old.....good luck and let me know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Eye boogers are pretty normal.  But I've never seen yellow-green eye boogs before.  Maybe a small infection.  Maybe a pollen allergy? :?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Zulu still gets the willie one from time to time, and eye boogers are still at large but his are usually clear colour. I call them troll boogies like off Harry Potter caus they stick to everything. . . .hope no one is eating dinner! :))

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
A few months back Phoenix had green-yellow eye boogers and the discharge was more than it normally was. The inside corner of her eye was also red. I took her to the vet and they gave me some antibiotic/steriod eye drops (gentamicin/betamethasone). She also did a dye test on her eyes just to make sure she didn't have any scratches on them. The drops cleared up the eye boogies in a few days.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Come to mention it, as ive just seen it now, did you name Sirius after Sirius Black?? :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Since you were just at the vet I would call them and ask if they can RX some eye drops or ointment and let you pick it up without seeing his again....They probably will....It does sound like an infection or allergy eyes either way the drops should clear it up.....if it is allergy sometimes it will clear in a few days...but eye boogies should be clear to white in color.....

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Good luck, Oggie has had this for months.  2 vet visits and a few different meds haven't cleared this up.  I guess its just allergies, but you want to check it out to make sure.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
My sisters golden get the greenish yellow eye discharge and they have eye drops to take care of it when she does.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with the vet.  She won't prescribe anything without seeing him again.  So off I go again tomorrow for a 3 p.m. appointment.  His other eye has the same discharge today though, so we need to go.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aww, poor Sirius, yea Angel had that a few months ago along with a bad runny nose...10 days on antibiotics and she was fine :) Get well little guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts