Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys reprimand or correct your dogs from negative behaviors, re, jumping, roughhousing, barking ect. My biggest problem with Delila is her jumping and playing rough with Ekim, I need to stop them when my husband is in the room as he is diabetic and any injury to his legs or feet could be detremental to his health.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Disipline.

i guess you should give her a timeout walk away from the room till it calms down then you go back to her but you better hear more opinions  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Re: Disipline.

Timeouts work wonders Luann..I have a bolt in the side of my cabinet in the kitchen that I used with Angel for time outs, or just to keep her from wandering when we first brought her home...."No" always works really well for me, as well as Uhuh...Both of mine recognize those and usually respond very well....Establish a command for the jumping, I like using "off" and be persistent with it......

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realized that I can't spell, I had to edit the word discipline 3x and i still didn't spell it right I give up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
ive heard for jumping that turning your back on the puppy and ignoring it whenever it jumps will teach it not to jump. Im going to start trying this with Maverick as well because he has the same issue as Delila...he is hard headed tho so may take a while. Hopfully you get it worked out soon! let me know what you find works for you..ill try anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts