Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My boxer daisy loves water. She kept digging the water out of her water bowl so we put her a kiddie pool outside and she is happy.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Depends, Milo HATES water, Kaci LOVES water and Harley would stick his head in, but wouldn't go in over his chest...so it differs boxer to boxer.

G

·
0 Posts
I really don't know with my two...I got Jetta early september and by the time she was vaccinated, swimming season was over...we just got Bo...so no idea yet...i hope they like to swim

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Some do, some don't. Buster would sink like a cinderblock, Maddie swims really good, but doesn't really care for it.  :roll:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Before Mine passed on,1 loved it(but would swim until exhausted & had to help him out a few times) & other only like water to drink or when being bathed.no swimmin for him he would walk on water to get out of lake & back on boat.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
we only took sumya to the doggie beach once. the water was a little chilly so i think she did not care for it.she does however, love a nice warm bubble bath.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I put Tyson in our pool over the summer and he was such a good swimmer ( I have a video of it).  My parents also live on a lake, so we are going to try that next year.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maggie loves going in the ocean or the bay... Jessie runs away from the smallest waves when were on the beach...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="Nexu\";p=\"53702":1fbyxs8u]
Lola absolutely loves the water now.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie is not a fan of water.  Completely my fault, I'd never owned a pet before and everybody told me to give em a little toss and mother nature would kick in when they hit the water.  Boy was that ever wrong!  Charlie looked like a boat anchor, the wife had to move in to pick him up outta the water.  If we go to the lake, he gets in with a little force, but never above the bottom of his chest.  I was more delicate with Sadie, I carried her into the lake and her little legs were kickin before she touched the water.  She loved it!  I'm hoping over time Charlie becomes more comfortable with water.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It depends on the Boxer...Buck was water dog, anytime anyone was in the pool, so was he. Tia didn't like it but she could swim if she had to. Samson isn't real thrilled either, but when we take him to the creek, he can be coaxed in for a swim....Angel, I don't know about, she may be a water Boxer for all I know :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts