Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know Tugboat is my first Boxer and my first puppy under 10 weeks old.

Tugboat refuses to go for a walk. He just sits there. He looks at me like...this isn't for me Dad. He does not mind his leash as he has been dragging it around for 4 days. So what is the deal?

Is this typical of Boxers? Or typical of his age (8 weeks)?

From what I read Boxer have high energy. I got him for many reasons, but one was to help me get a little more active and not sit on my butt all the time. The problem is he loves sitting on his butt with me. He loves to cuddle all the time.

Cameron & Tugboat

BTW ::: We are now working on coming down the stairs.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
he is young yet so he isnt used to the whole "walking" experience. When we got Reese at 12 weeks she was the same way. as time went by she got better. She is now 7 months and just now coming into her own.....i think she was a late bloomer. she didnt play with toys, or play with my bf or myself, wouldnt do anything but lay there and watch tv or sleep or eat. not anymore!! cant get her to sit still :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie's 8 weeks old now and anything but lazy.  She very busy when she is awake chewing, bothering Kane, making a mess, playing with toys until she passes old cold.  Then thankfully she sleeps for a while and then it's up and at em again.  I wish she would just sit there and look at me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think mine is the laziest.  Willy is all about relaxing whenever he possibly can.  If he doesn't get his 22 1/2 hrs. of sleep a day, something is wrong.  When you tell him to sit, he'll sit, but sure enough within 5-10 sec. he's laying down.  Although, he's getting better.  He likes to play outside, and about once a day he'll want to rough house, but he's all in all pretty lazy.  I'm sure he'll get better.  Puppies are notorious for sleeping a lot.  Thats their thing.  No worries.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. Blaze was "lazy" until he hit around 10 weeks old, I think he was just saving his energy because now if he is out of the crate he doesn't slow down. The worst is the burn through the living room, into the kitchen and back.(Nails sliding across the floor, chairs slamming into the table)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Debo was lazy at FIRST, then that all changed lol. We didn't walk him until he was about 12 weeks, b/c it's hard on their joints, it's not a good idea to walk them  until they get older, plus, not having all their shots and getting exposed to other dog's germs. Maybe we were just playing it safe, but it's what we were always told. I wouldn't worry about it, he'll get his energy in probably a couple more weeks ;) Get ready!

·
Registered
100 Posts
give it some time and he will get better and try a harnes insted of a coller my boog walks a lot better with his harnes starte with short walks for a few weeks and before long he will be ready to go and go he will.....lol...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guessed it was just his age but wanted to see.

He loves his toys and really loves his Bobo.

Thanks

Cameron & Tugboat

·
Registered
40 Posts
The nitrous burn with laps around lounges etc is sooooooo funny.  Anyone not use to this, thinks the dog is truly warped....hmmm maybe they are.  All our boxers have been burners and I would hate to think what this is doing to the carpet but hey if you get in their way they are likely to jump over the top of you or whatever else is in their road.  I bet there are not too many boxer owners where their dog has been lazy throughout their life.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh, he will definitely start feeling his Cheerios soon..As for the title of laziest boxer, that goes to my Samson  :lol: Course he has an excuse, He tells me that he has the right to be lazy due to his long life... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts