Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been wondering for awhile now....both our boxers past and present kick their hind legs 2-3 times right after they poop, do all boxers do this? I've had dogs all my life and only the boxers have done this! And yes, as I read this question I realize I'm waaaaay to involved in my dogs BMs lol but I'm still curious?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
None of mine have ever done that. I usually see small dogs like shitzu's doing that.  :?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only my male does this as well.  It's his territory he's marking and they say the behavior is meant to spread (in the wind) their scent.  He's done this on walks as well after he pees on something, but not all the time.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona does not do that and neither did my female Lab.  Hmmmm Maybe it is more of a male dog thing.  My sister's male Shih Tzu does it and so does my moms male yorkie....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think it's a male thing, Both Buck and now Samson do it...There are scent glands in the bottoms of their paws, that's a way for them to mark their territory....They also do it after peeing as well.... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah does do it occasionally and my pit bull did.  Kiah was raised with her brother, I wonder if she learned it from him  :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zeus and Dante both do this. But mainly Zeus. Sometimes he will do it after he pees as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have both a male and female and they both have done that a time or two.  My boyfriend and I joke that when they do that...it means that it musta been one really satisfying poop!!!!haha!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie does it on her newspaper lol.  Kane never has.  rofl what mybox1's boyfriend said.  My son said the same thing when I showed him this thread, but I didn't have the guts to post it.   :clap:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody, glad to know it's not just my babies. Don't know about the male thing, Sophie was a female but very territorial so maybe it's a marking thing. The comments about satisfaction made me laugh, that's what dh has always claimed it was about!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We had a cocker spaniel growing up and he did it all the time.  We used to think he was trying to bury the stinky stuff by covering it with grass! :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
My sister's chihuahuas do this every time they poo.  My boxer doesn't do it after he poos, but when another dog comes around and he's to the end of his leash, he does it.  And he really tears up the grass too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts