Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and family Think shes a pitbull and some refuse to play with her Due to that fact , They have frightened my sisters Because they think pitbulls are dangerous does she look like a pitbull or a boxer or a boxer mixed with something else

·
Super Moderator
7,007 Posts
Is this Cookie we are talking about? Updated pics of her would help but as I looked at your album I would say yes, she looks part Pitbull. That doesnt mean she is nasty or aggressive.

Raise her right with lots of love and you should be fine :)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Is this Cookie we are talking about? Updated pics of her would help but as I looked at your album I would say yes, she looks part Pitbull. That doesnt mean she is nasty or aggressive.

Raise her right with lots of love and you should be fine :)
I agree! If this is cookie we are talking about then yes, she looks to be a pit mix! With that being said....I seriously dislike people who "shun" dogs by their looks/looking like a pitty. :chair: . They are such WONDERFUL dogs!

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can have her DNA tested if you want to know for certain but it shouldn't matter at all - as the other members have stated: "Pit Bulls" (which are not a breed unto themselves; the term refers to certain breeds grouped under that heading) aren't aggressive or mean or necessarily hard-headed or any of the other stereotypes given to them by the uninformed. She is adorable & you of course will & should love her all the same regardless of her genome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an 8 year old part boxer part pitty and she is the most lovable dog there could be. Maybe they should do some reading on the subject - when I look at your baby I definitely see boxer, but her snout looks longer and I am probably wrong, but I see her mixed with some longer snouted breed.
As everyone will tell you if she is given lots of love and guidance she will be a great dog - good luck!
She is adorable by the way :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Raise her right and show your family and those who don't understand "pit bulls" that they are some of the sweetest, most loving dogs there are. They are strictly loyal and people pleasers which is why they are easily trained to fight but they are even easier to train to be loving, great family dogs. I love all the "vicious" breeds. My favorite breed of dog is the Rottweiler. They are just misunderstood.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My favorite breed of dog is the Rottweiler. They are just misunderstood.
I pet sat a couple times for someone that bred Rotties. Had never had experience with them before, just the stories of "oh they're aggressive and mean". Uh, the 3 year old male that she had thought he was a lap dog and was a big goofball. My opinion of them was changed instantly. The only hard part about that sitting job was the bobcat in the pen in the back lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts