Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really happy where I live (NC).  I was just wondering how many of us would move if given the chance?

1. Where do you live?
2. Do you like it?
3. Why or why not?  
4. Where you love to move to?

Here's mine:
1. NC
2. Yes and no
3. I love being within driving distance to the mountains but hate living in the piedmont are.  No matter what town you live in everyone seems to have the same small town mentality.  The bible belt is alive and well here!
4. Alaska

·
Registered
738 Posts
1. Baltimore MD (originally from FL but had to move here b/c I'm in the military)
2. Yes and no
3. Lots of stuff to do... great friends in the area BUT I'm super far from the beaches!
4. Anywhere closer to a beach

Beka

·
Registered
942 Posts
1. Gardner, KS
2. Not really
3. because it's pretty far south of the KC Metro and some of the people are...interesting to watch. We got a really good deal on a newer house, so that's why we moved out there. Gardner is mixed with older houses, new nice houses and then there is the lovely trailer park. :lol:
4. Lenexa, KS or South Carolina...but I could never leave my friends and family

All in all, I like Kansas City.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How funny, I was just thinking about this the other day actually..Marq was asking me if I could move where I would like to go, I think he assumed Cali, as that's where I am from and the rest if my family is there..He even asked me if I wanted to go back to Ireland!! Only to visit  :)

1. Where do you live? Jasper, Alabama
2. Do you like it? NO
3. Why or why not? Too country, not enuf commerce for me  
4. Where you love to move to? Back to Huntsville, loved it there, still felt like small town in a way, but you have access to much more, restaurants,clubs, shopping :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good morning all!!

1. Manteca, CA
2. yes and no
3. yes for the weather most of the year (not now) and no because the small town we moved to isn't so small anymore  
4.  Idaho, husband is from there, the cost of living is much cheaper there then here and we can buy acerage which means more boxers

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
1. Houston, TX
2. Yes and No
3. We have access to everything here - restaurants, beach, shopping, etc. Traffic sucks and we have more crime now thanks to Hurricane Katrina
4. I would like to live on a lake somewhere in the Hill Country

G

·
0 Posts
1. Oscoda, Michigan
2. Sometime...
3. I have only enough rom for what I own and my family is growing. there is no job oppertunities here nadI need to move another step up that succes ladder
4. Somewhere roomy...Somewhere where I can get some acreage that is affordable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
1. Mount Pleasant, SC
2. Love it
3. Next to the water, in-laws live on a deepwater creek.
4. No need to move

Dixie, I absolutely love the piedmont area of SC and NC.  Where exactly are you?  My dad grew up in Clemmons, NC in a little place called Tanglewood (grandfather was the gardener there).  I like small towns, though, so that could be a key difference.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
1. Pensacola, FL
2. Yes
3. It's a large city with a smaller city feel to it... and the beaches... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!  
4. We had the opportunity to move where ever we wanted and we chose here... I miss TX but mostly because 98% of our family is there. If they all lived here... at least my side... it'd be PERFECT! lol

G

·
0 Posts
1. Kalamazoo Michigan
2. Love/Hate relationshop
3. Love the small town, relative safety, and both my husband and I have a good job- hate the lack of things to do, the lack of dog parks, and the crazy weather
4. I would like to move to either Pugent Sount Washington or to somewhere like the Big South Fork park area in northern Tennessee...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
1.  Clinton, TN
2.  I like living here some of the time.  I've lived in Clinton my entire life.
3.  I wouldn't mind moving closer to my wife's work.  That would put me closer to the mountains, but furthur from my huntin grounds.  I've also been thinking of opening my our store dealing in archery, firearms, and get certified so I could teach carry classes.
4.  If I could move anywhere, I'd probably pick middle TN area because I'm an avid outdoorsman.  Out of state, probably Kansas but I've never even visited there.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
1.  Rockaway Beach, NY
2.  Yes and No....
3.  Its awesome living a block from the beach... But I am sick of the people here, everyone knows everyones business.
4.  I will be moving to Vegas in a few years.

·
Registered
977 Posts
1. I live in France - an hour away from Paris in the countryside - (think Sancerre and Burgandy wine)
2. Yep .....
3.....though i miss my family and friends.
4. Bath, England. I was born there - absolutely beautiful city. I recommend it for people who visit the UK, you won't be disappointed, it's very typically English.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Massachusetts, born and raised.  Love it, it's just too much of a part of me to leave. The people here are real.  I like the crazy weather.  I like the passion for sports. I don't even like leaving the state temporarily (I go on vacation to Martha's Vineyard). I hope to maybe retire somewhere more remote but until then I'll be here

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
1. Where do you live? Janesville, WI  
2. Do you like it?  Love it  (lived in New Orleans (actually Chalmette), Houston, Decatur, AL and New Hampshire for a while but Janesville is my favorite place to live).
3. Why or why not?   Large enough to have things to do, small enough not to have huge amounts of traffic.  Close to Madison,  Milwaukee, Rockford and not too far from Chicago to do more things.  
4. Where you love to move to? Same area but more in the country so I have more room for boxers  :lol:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
1. Where do you live?  Kingston, Massachusetts

2. Do you like it?  yes, I love being right on the ocean

3. Why or why not?   Also because I am 45 minutes to the city (boston) and 15 minutes to the Cape.  Like being right in the middle.  Everything is so close, shopping, places to eat, everything.  I would say no because the cost of living is high.  Housing prices are sky high, etc.
4. Where you love to move to - Not too sure, would depend on job availability and cost of living.  I would say somewhere like a SC or NC but its only a matters of time IMO where those places will catch up to the NE.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
1. Where do you live? Ft Myers, FL
2. Do you like it? Love it. It's my paradise!
3. Why or why not?   Weather is awesome! Except the hurricanes...but we were lucky this year again!
4. Where you love to move to? I would love a cabin inthe mountains somewhere, anywhere! We were looking at Nantahala NC, but it's been discovered already. We may look at the mountains around the Tennessee area. Who knows where! I just love the mountains!

G

·
0 Posts
1. Where do you live?
Pembroke, MA

2. Do you like it?
No and Yes.

3. Why or why not?
I hate the cold, but love fishing in the summer.

4. Where you love to move to?
Mesa, Arizona.  Hopefully in 4 years.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Where Do You Live? Northeast Pennsylvania

Do You Like It ? Yes And No

Why Or Why Not ? I love being with all my family and friends, the mountains, and change of seasons. I dislike the long snowy cold winters.

Where You Love To Move To ? Ocean City Md. We own a condo there and the winters are not as cold, snowy or long. We have been looking at land in Fort Myers Flordia. or Naples Flordia.( I have to move before I become a grandmother, or else I'll never go ).

·
Registered
491 Posts
10 miles North of Boston
YES, I love the 4 seasons, I love the SPORTS, and all of my family is here.
I would love to move to Montana

1 - 20 of 33 Posts