Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure the hell dont :evil: .....11 weeks old, shouldnt look like this!

This is my little boy that I brought home yeaterday....I am so happy I decided to get him. He surely wasnt being taken care of....Let me tell you I was pissed when I seen him! I will put more pics in a differant thread...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
looks like they didnt feed him enough...
Here is a picture of Ramsey who is now called Nephi...this is at 16weeks and only weighed 11lbs.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
poor thing..it looks like either they didnt feed him enough or he has worms maybe that they didnt take care of making him so skinny?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor thing, how can people do that to them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take him Monday for a checkup. I am curious how much he weighs..

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Felix was thin when I got him at about 12 weeks.. but his hip bones and spine shouldn't be sticking out like that.  Poor little guy.  Was the other one skinny like this as well?  There  was a brindle one too that someone else took right?

G

·
0 Posts
While he does look rather skinny, remember that Boxers go through growth spurts where they grow up and up and up, and that takes away from their bulk.  My puppy would have days of looking like a concentration camp surviver, then the following week look plump.  I'm not saying the people who had her didn't do wrong, but you have to remember that boxers go through stages.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Boxers can run thru that stage as a puppy.  Resist the temptation to engorge him in too much food right away as you could start some diaharria (I can never spell the word for some reason)  that is why I usually call it the slang word which I won't post on here.  He will be just fine.  Just get him on a good food and feed more meals a day to him gradually increasing.  It could be that they were just feeding the recommended amounts that are on the bag and that has NEVER cut it with my pups.  I always seem to need to feed them about twice that for the first year.  

He is adorable!  and now he has a wonderful home.

Nano

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We got Henry from a rescue shelter.  He was 14 - 15 weeks old and only weighed 20 pounds!  After a month of being home with us, he looked like a normal, healthy boxer! :D   It'll be alright, just sad isn't it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Pups do tend to go thru those stages when they look like refugees, but any time you get a new pup, the first thing to do is have them checked out by your vet...So, it could very well be like Nano said, they may not have been feeding him enuf...How's the coat quality? Does it seem allright? You might also want to give him a very mild bath as well, juts to clean him up and make him feel better :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
He is definatly too small...he should have a little round boxer belly!
Let us know how the vet appointment goes on monday.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
IMO give the boy a burger, I knew something from the picture just did not look right.  I am sorry but if you think he surley was not being taken care of - I hope you did not buy him and contribute to the cycle of keeping these kind of people in business.    This happened on another forum.  A lady went to look at a dog, and he was emaciated.  What did she do?   Call animal control??  Report the breeder??   Nope wrote out a check and took the guy home.   Sympathy got the best of her and now she not only had created an open space for these pig breeders to do it again, she is contantly battling with one health propblem after another - all because she wanted a pup, he was a male, and available.

Ok, done with my surmon.   Get him checked out and make sure you take in a stool sample.   Many dogs who are not taken care of tend to grow up in a bad area thus having parasite and what not - poop test is great to detect that.   As a pup their immune systems are weak and IMO I would just adding things like sardines, fish oils to his food to start boosting it.  

GOod Luck and hope all checks out at the vet!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts