Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
They seem fine with health tested parents and some good looking pups.
The only draw back I saw on the website was on the about us page. To me when breeders start talking about the price of food for the parent dogs and the training and crop/dock when the parents was a pup and thats why the price the way the do... that stuff just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I'm sure alot of people don't have a problem with it.)

If you are looking for a working line boxer you can check out the usabox.org site and under member sites they have some kennels/breeders listed.

Best of luck in the search.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Are both parents health tested?

I noticed that she is placing for sale ads on k9stud, puppyfind and many more. Which supposely is not a good sign.

Can this lady post anymore drama on her website? :ROTFLMAO:

Important:
A few days ago we received a strange call from a cursing woman from WA. She was furious about our (???) comments on her site. We DO NOT browse other breeders' websites simply because of lack of time and desire, let alone posting anything anywhere. Then over the past few days we were allerted several times: someone was creating accounts using our website. Jealousy and dishonesty of some people are amazing. Apparently, we are so popular that people find it necessary to impersonate us. Use caution buying over the Internet.

Just recently we found out that the owner of Euro Dream Kennel (former Playtime Boxers), Amanda, a.k.a. Marlene, has been spreading lies about us. This is what we call "unhealthy" competition.
"Healthy" competition is what moves the economy, it is what gives you the best price for the quality, it is what gives you variety. "Healthy" competition in dog breeding is what you can ONLY meet in a show ring or during a work trial. The rest I deem as lies and rumors. What you go with - is your personal choice.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
They do seem to be all over the place on ads - thats what happens to many breeders who have "Euro" dogs. They think because they have a foreign dog they can capitalize on it. However not sure what you are looking for. You are from NH and these people are from Texas, I think. If you are looking for a European bred dog then I would by pass these people who seem to be connected with Playtime (BARF) and other not so well known European boxer breeding Mills.

Best bet if this is they type of dog you are looking for, and want to pay much less than these people are overcharging for a puppy - then contact

Jamie at Larsen Boxers - Boxer Von Larsen

or

Leslie at Schattenboxen - Schattenboxen Boxers - European Boxers - German Boxer Breeder in Washington State USA

·
Banned
143 Posts
Hanna Banna you told me it was not good practice of a well run kennel to advertise of sites like "HOOBLY" correct. Now these sites you are promoting above are constantly on "HOOBLY" advertising their studs. I'm confused. Im trying to hear your input, but its starting to get hard to trust.

Who's got the rare white boxer stud with champion lines?

Deception:
de·cep·tion

   /dɪˈsɛp
ʃən
/ Show Spelled[dih-sep-shuh
n] Show IPA
–noun 1. the act of deceiving; the state of being deceived.

2. something that deceives or is intended to deceive; fraud; artifice.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Most of them are.....So what, they have an online ad? You do too! One difference, look at the extensive list of health testing they have done and that their dogs have passed - then go back and look at your site.

·
Banned
143 Posts
"so what" if it is your people, but if I do it I'm a lowlife trailer trash who is just out to make money.

99% of life is what you make of it. If your life sucks you suck!
Don't try to bring people down to your level. Raise yourself up!!

·
Banned
143 Posts
You told me it is unethical to use these site, but it is OK for your people to use them....Thats the type of deception and dishonesty you have shown and displayed the entire 6 months I have been on this site.

HannaBanna you are unethical! Raise yor game if your gonna be a leader. No one can learn from someone they can't trust!

Greig is the most informed person on this site, and he doesn't treat people like they are under him. You should take a lesson from someone like him.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I said its unethical to breed your dogs under the age of two and that are not health tested. I have tons of respect for Greg, he is a wealth of information and an asset to this breed - need more people like him in it.

I just cannot stand when people say they want to help educate members here and yet they are doing everything the wrong way and are the poster child for everything that people should be avoiding in a breeder!

Oh, and my bad - you use the ebay online site - breeding in May - whelping in June - $900 bucks per puppy! That should line your pockets after this litter to maybe test your dogs and selects studs that are tested. :D

So with that, if you want to call me unethical then fine, Im not a breeder - you are!

·
Registered
28 Posts
They seem to tick a lot of boxes - i would keep looking if your not 100% satisfied. I have no problem with reputable breeders advertising on sites such as k9s and know some great breeders who are ethical, reputable and breed healthy, to standard, even tempered dogs - it is possible to do both.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have no problem with reputable breeders advertising on sites such as k9s and know some great breeders who are ethical, reputable and breed healthy, to standard, even tempered dogs - it is possible to do both.
Agreed and while i may have said in the past its a sign to run away - many of times it is, but if one does pop up - then it just require further investigation. I think there is a big difference from selling a puppy online than advertisting for stud.

The end of the day there are so many people who are learning and getting educated. However there are far fewer breeder taking the time to test their dogs and make sure they are breeding 100% health dogs to produce the best offspring. I can live with a somewhat not to standard dog that is fully health tested being bred than one that has great confirmation but no testing.

Do you want to buy a pup, welcome it and raise it into your family, interact with your little kids and not know if it could drop dead of a heart issue within a year? Or have such a bad nasty temperment to bite the face off your three year old?

Stuff like that is why we test and try to put the best representations of the breed out there. We want the dogs to reach the double digits and be long time family members, yet many time too often pups get the short end of the stick and have to battle thing that could have been prevented - is it far to them because we cut corners when breeding????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed and while i may have said in the past its a sign to run away - many of times it is, but if one does pop up - then it just require further investigation. I think there is a big difference from selling a puppy online than advertisting for stud.

The end of the day there are so many people who are learning and getting educated. However there are far fewer breeder taking the time to test their dogs and make sure they are breeding 100% health dogs to produce the best offspring. I can live with a somewhat not to standard dog that is fully health tested being bred than one that has great confirmation but no testing.

Do you want to buy a pup, welcome it and raise it into your family, interact with your little kids and not know if it could drop dead of a heart issue within a year? Or have such a bad nasty temperment to bite the face off your three year old?

Stuff like that is why we test and try to put the best representations of the breed out there. We want the dogs to reach the double digits and be long time family members, yet many time too often pups get the short end of the stick and have to battle thing that could have been prevented - is it far to them because we cut corners when breeding????
Very true, Boxers have enough problems as it is without bad breeding (such as heart problems and epilepsy). Health and temperament testing is crucial in all breeds - i think that is something everyone can agree with:headbang:

·
Banned
143 Posts
I can live with a somewhat not to standard dog that is fully health tested being bred than one that has great confirmation but no testing.
Quoted by HannaBanna
This is not what you have been saying. I confused!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is not a breeder she just imports dogs...so...i dont think thats a good thing.... a breeder actually raises the pups in their home or kennel... this person gets them shipped from diffrent places... dog Broker

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not a breeder she just imports dogs...so...i dont think thats a good thing.... a breeder actually raises the pups in their home or kennel... this person gets them shipped from diffrent places... dog Broker
Thank you for your comments. There is more to me, my website, what I do, MY breeding and my importing than what's been commented on.
I am off to Europe for a show, will get back here once I am back and over the jetlag.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts