Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find yourself having fullblown conversations with your babies? Fess up everyone.The first time I did, many years ago, I actually looked around to see if anyone was listening!  :lol: Now I don't even think twice about it..Caught myself talking to Angel when we were strolling thru Petsmart, just talking about the toys and such, rounded a corner and there was this person, I guess thinking I must have another human with me, looks, sees noone but me, looks at Angel and I could see the smile start....Kinda made my day....

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Maybe  :oops:     lol!  Especially when I'm home alone with her!
It's funny, if I start talking to her in front of other people they say "you do know she can't understand you right".  How the do they know if she understands or not!  I just laugh and smile.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I confess!! There have been several occasions when my hubby will come out of another room and ask "who are you talking to?" Duh....the dog! She actually listens to me!  :bigrazz:

·
Registered
977 Posts
:rofl:  We're all mad!!
Both hubby and I talk to Voltaire ALL the time! We even sing him little songs that we make up  :oops:
We also explain EVERYTHING to him in a slow clear voice because that way he understands  :wink: For example i caught hubby explaining to him very slowly one day (in french cos Daddy and Voltaire only speak french :roll: ): "Look, don't bother me now, right now Daddy's watching a documentary on Mesopotamia, but as soon as it's finished we'll play- okay?" :crazy:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I talk to Kiah all the time.  When I was walking her one time I was talking to her about what I should fix for dinner and a women passed me.  She looked at me like I was a crazy bag lady or something.  I was a bit   :embar: at first but then I started talking to Kiah again.  Guess the women wasn't a dog person :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
I talk to Roxy and Astro all the time too!!!  I don't even think about it when I do it.  It's just a habit, but for some reason I feel like they're actually listening to me and they understand me.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
spoiledrottenboxers\";p=\"14952 said:
I feel like they're actually listening to me and they understand me.
Do you actually mean they don't???  :p

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Oh i talk to both my girls all the time!! when we go to the petstore i will try and get their  opinion on which toy or treat i should pick up. I will talk to them on whether the food they have is too big a chunck or if they prefer a small bite (which i found out they do:) ) anytime i am with them i end up conversing with 'em !!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Guilty as charged!  I too talk to both mine!  All the time it seems, now that the kids are older and gone all the time and hubby sleeps days and works nights.

They make great company!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ok...confession time...

I'm amazed Lilly's ears haven't fallen off.  I talk to her in the car, at the store, the bank, the fire department (we are getting to know them just in case an emergency occurs and they have to come to my house...wouldn't want her to munch on a fireman out of fear of a freaky monster in yellow gear), everywhere really.  I sing to her all the time.   There are times that I think she is the only person that I can REALLY talk to and be HEARD by (as we all know there is a difference between hearing and listening).  When we're at the pet store, I ask her what kind of toy or treats she wants and she tells me (paws, woo woos, or mouths [only if she really wants it]) which one she wants, so that I can get it.  She looks at me as though she's telling me, "I totally get it/you, mom!"  I love it!!!

Wouldn't stop talking to her for the world!!!  Aside from my husband/fiancee, she is the best-friend in the world (even if she does talk back occasionally).

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
270 Posts
LOL!!!!  I so chat my poor dogs ears off!  Today, while walking around a lake, Chloe and I had the best conversation about the ducks and geese swimming in the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts