Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have different barks.  Kiah has several; her deep bark, protection mode and her yippie bark, like when her toy is under the bed and she can't get it.  On Saturday, when we were waiting in line at the lure course she did her yippie bark (wild crazy high pitched yippie bark) every time the lure when by.  It was kind of embarrassing and funny at the same time, there were several others that had that kind of bark too.  Don't know if you can call the WooWoo a bark but I love that one.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel doesn't really bark much. He'll bark at chyna when she has a toy he wants, but that's the only time he actually barks.  If he's got to go out, or wants something from me, he'll look at me, fidget around and start talking in quiet grumbles.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours have all had different barks.  Ziggi actually throws his head back and HOWLS (none of the rest of ours have done that).  It is really funny.  They bark different when there is a stranger who pulls in, they bark in their excited bark when family comes, Teaki has an ootty bark when she gets her squeaky taken away and wants it back (she sits at the fridge and stares at it because we put her squeaky on top of the fridge).  It is so funny how many different levels of fun boxers are! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, Angel has a complete repitore of barks, depending on the mood and situation...There's the deep booming bark for "there's an intruder", there's the low kinda grumble bark if no one is paying attention to her or she's not happy with something, then there is the Woo Woo, my personal favorite  :)  to be used when she wants to play, get your attention or just to be silly.....

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I have only heard Savannah growl, and that is when Reese wont leave her alone. Reese has barked a couple of times, but that was because she didnt like being in the kennel while Savannah was out. all in all i have heard a bark or growl maybe 4 times since April.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I noticed two barks:

A higher pitched "yip" for when he's sad and wants to free to roam (sometimes when we go to work, or if we go out after work)

a deep scarier bark for when his pissed or really frustrated with a toy or situation (usually one or two belts...unless he's pissed about being in the crate. Only once serious crate fit to date and that was after a long road trip).

He doesn't do either very often. He learned early that barking is not the way to get what he wants

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona does not really bark much!  She also does not Woo-Woo as often as she used to which is very sad, because it was my favorite.

She will do this low (huff huff) thing when she sees the cows though, that was what I was use to.  

Then I remember one day when my husband came home and she did not know it.  He came out of the shower and scared her, she barked at him and I was amazed at how deep and "big bad dog" it sounded.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Milo has high pitched when Kaci has something he wants or is bothering him and a deep bark for when he hears something he can't see.

Kaci usually doesn't bark unless we're playing with her, but she has a normal bark, woo woo and she'll howl if she hears a noise she doesn't like.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane has a deep "bad dog" bark that is reserved for people coming to the door that he doesn't know or the garbage truck coming down the street - he just hates it.  He has a woo woo when he is looking out the door or the window and there's nothing much going on, but he just wants to let everyone know he's on the job, and he growls at Sophie in play all the time.  It's not a mean growl, just a low - let's play kind of growl.  Sophie on the other hand just barks - a loud, ear piercing bark when she wants something.  She doesn't woo woo yet or growl.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lilly will WOOWOO or have a higher pitched bark when she wants to play (if she makes any noise at all), but if you sneak up on her house/car/family/kids or me (God help you if you sneak up on me or my kids) and she will give you her BIG DOG WTF are you doing here and WHO TF are you bark!!!  Solictors and church people don't come to my house anymore tho...ROFLMAO (As if she'd hurt anybody!!!)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... I think I've only noticed two barks... high pitched and deep!! Steven hates the high pitched one cuz' he doesn't sound as "GOOD" LOL!!

I LOVE THE WOOWOO... I've figured out how to basically get him to do it on command!! LOL I just have to WOOWOO first... really deep... lol Than he'll start lol

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The boys have different barks...Mic is actually the first to alert bark over any noise, knock on the door, people approaching the car...Indy is never far behind...they both will woowoo when you come home...happy to see you...arrarrarrarrgh...and Indy has a high pitched sharp bark...usually just once and it means that Mic has something that Indy REALLY wants and isn't gonna give it up!  other then that, it's BIG SIGHS and huffs all around! :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Baby (aka Bee Bee) doesn't really bark all that much either.  But if someone comes to the door or she thinks she hears something outside you can tell a definite difference in her barking tone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sonya has only barked once when she wanted her brother Casey to play with her.  I'll tell you though it was alot deeper then I expected.  Other then that she just stares and does a small whimper when she gets her football stuck under the couch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts