Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of an option that will allow us to make our pet door more energy efficient(or just plain keep it from freezing us to death) WITHOUT having to buy a NEW pet door? We just put this in this summer...and it's great as far as getting doggers in and out easily to go potty...however, now that it's getting colder, we are having trouble keeping our living room warm enough because of the door...I'm trying to figure out an improvement that doesn't require us to buy ANOTHER door!

All ideas are appreciated!

:)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... that's a great question!! Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you... but would love to see what everyone else comes up with. I've always wondered about doggy doors and weather... whether it be HOT or COLD outside! Hopefully you don't have to buy another doggy door... though I can't think of any other way.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hmmm...well i dont have a doggie door so I guess I am no help.  I do have a sliding glass door and ya know it seems like they just let in a lot of cold anyway even when closed.  We are about to change ours out to a french door.

Last year we bought some clear caulking and went around the outside of our whole door to reseal it because it was cold around the door so we knew air was getting in, so that is one idea.  The other is that maybe the little flap thing is not sealing good?  Over time i would think they would stretch out, could you use a new flappy thing?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
hahaha....well I try not to be to technical because no one understands it anyway....plus I dont know what else it sould be called besides a flappy thing....okay maybe a flappy door thinga-a-majigy

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
uhmm, have you tried using a blanket ;-) I joke I JOKE.... Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mizorie\";p=\"39126 said:
uhmm, have you tried using a blanket ;-) I joke I JOKE.... Sheesh.
I'm actually considering a blanket!LOL! I just want something more substantial for three boxer babies to tramp through! :)

I am seriously thinking about trying to find a replacement part for the hard slider that goes in at night to keep people out and see if I can cut it and put a second rubber flap in it somehow...it might act as a storm door...we'll see!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts