Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paco is such a whiner, usually I think it's boredom. He whines when he's trying to get us to play, if he sees a cat outside he wants to get, or when he can't find whatever toy he is obsessing over at the moment (right now it's the squeaky ball that came from his destroyed wubba). Today I realized just how much of a cry baby he is when I took him for a car ride. He was chillin in the passenger seat looking out the window but every time the car would stop moving he would sit back, look ahead, and start whining until the light changed and we started moving again. I think my baby must be really spoiled, at times it's slightly annoying. Anybody else with a cryer?

·
Registered
933 Posts
LOL!  Mine aren't that bad but Niko whines.  He sits at the door and whines and every now and then if he wants something he'll whine.  I think it's kinda cute.  Mostly cus he just started doing it and he doesn't do it alot.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
O.M.G.

Bibby whines like a three year old GIRL. For food. For attention. For toys, if Angelina has one he wants (like the yummy Kong right now!)...man!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Piper just started whining recently.  I think it has to do with her finding her voice a little...but MAN!  This morning, she whined for about 10 minutes straight because I had the nerve to wake her up @ 5:30 AM because I had to go to work early.  I am sure she was thikning "mom has some nerve!"

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Zulu only really whines if he wants something so badly, its usually attention from ppl that knock on the door or if he wants to go out or when im trying to get his lead on for walkies. :D

My boys more of a huff and puff boy :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
[quote="zulu\";p=\"127442":2l3apavs]Zulu only really whines if he wants something so badly, its usually attention from ppl that knock on the door or if he wants to go out or when im trying to get his lead on for walkies. :D

My boys more of a huff and puff boy :lol:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie's a whiner.  Constantly whining to get somebody to play with him.  Whines when I go to the bathroom or I close the door to my office.  Whines when he sees the neighborhood kids or dogs outside playing.  Then if I ignore him long enough, he does the huff and puff and just lays down and pouts.   He's just spoiled, he's rarely alone.  It's a tough life he's got!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie whines but not too bad.  She whines when she wants something - to go out, a treat, a toy, or wants to be carried to our bed (DH does this).  I think it's kind of cute.  She is 3 and has always whined.  Such a spoiled furbaby!  :lol:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sam doesn't whine unless he can't get to his toy (i.e. under couch, etc.) Lucy, on the other hand, is a huge whiner and has been since day one! It drives us nuts...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think the whining works for them, and some have really mastered the exact tone needed to serve their purpose.  I'd be awaken by horrible crying at 3:00 am thinking it was an emergency.  
Well, the emergency was that there was a tiny piece of bread sitting on the counter in the kitchen that he couldn't reach.  I guess an emergency for him, but hell it was the middle of the night!!  

I even thought about ear plugs so it would be easier for me to ignore, and not reinforce it.  I may do that with our next Boxer pup.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Funny...Jessie whines a lot too. When I'm getting readt for work she starts to whine thinking she is staying home or something its pretty funny. But when were getting really one the weekends to go out she knows she walks around the house whining...I think it is so cute though

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Thank goodness Tango doesn't whine!  If he loses a toy, he will bark until mom gets it, but other than that he's really quiet.  He actually says it all with his facial expressions/body language.  I hate the look I get in the morning when I'm getting ready for work!  He just sits in front of me and stares at me with those big droopy eyes.  Everywhere I go, he follows, sits, stares.  He's so darn cute...breaks my heart when I leave!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oh winston he WHINES about EVERYTHING. and becuase he is Deaf he can't hear how annoying the sound is. He whines at the window, at us, at toys, at Brannon you name it he whines. And it drives me nuts!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, Prada is indeed my whiner. She will whine ALL day long... to go out, when she's hungry, when she wants to play, etc... *hehe*

Nico on the other hand is my good, quiet boy. He never whines! He just stares @ you w/the sad, puppy eyes - which sometimes is worse! *lol*

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Phoenix whines all the time if she wants to go outside, wants to play or sees a cat outside...so it seems like she whines constantly. She used to bark for all of these things now she whines and then resorts to barking if we don't pay attention quick enough.
Glad I'm not alone either!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Henry is whiny,he whines when he wants to go out and you think if you don't take him this minute there will be an accident.But when he gets out he just plays and won't go to the bathroom.When I take him back,he go straight to the bell and rings it.So we go out again because I don't want to chance it.Marx he won't whine at all,even if he has to go potty.Some time I think he waits for Henry to do it for him.Oh the joy of having a boxer!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts