Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... Have A Dog Or Puppy That Urinates When Excited?

Zuri gets really worked up when meeting new people or when my fiance enters the room.
She doesnt do it often, but just this morning, she did when my fiance came in to say hi to her!
Maybe she just has a full bladder and cant control it in those instances, but I wanted to know anyones thoughts on this, and or solutions, if any.

Also, I have noticed her eating her stool. I have

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, up until recently Debo urinated on people (new) when he saw them. It was just him being over-excited. No matter if he goes to the bathroom before he sees them, he will still urinate. We took him to the vet last month and he urniated a total of FIVE times on 4 different people. He just couldn't control himself! lol, it is a bit embarassing!!! He also did that when people came to the door. He doesn't do it to us, only people he doesn't know. Luckily we haven't seen him do it with t he last 3 or 4 encounters with people, so maybe we are making a turn for the best! :) He is now 7 months and I hope he's outgrown it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
As far as eating the stools, I remember Debo ate one of his when he was younger. I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless she makes it a habit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know a few dogs who pee when excited.  Maybe Liz can give you some tips.
The poop eating is gross.  My lab did this for a while but he eventually stopped.  I tried adding some stuff, dont remember the name, but it didnt work, bought it @ Petsmart.  Normally I would just scream like a fool idiot & chase him till he dropped it!!  Not the best solution I'm sure, lol

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yes Maddie use to have the xcitement pee issues. When we first rescued her whenever someone would come to the house she would basically sit by my feet and when she would get up there would be a pee spot. She also would pee while she was walking and really excited. She eventually stopped. She only did that the first month or so that we had her. She is much more calm now that she has settled into her castle!  :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much.  It sounds like excitement urination.  Generally they outgrow it with age and time.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have seen excitement wetting pups, but that usually goes away with age and experience meeting new people and situations.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Puppies do tend to do that when they ar eyoung, like Liz said, excitement pee..Usually goes away after they get a bit older...There are a couple good products out there you can use to keep Zuri from eating her own poo(ugh,it just sounds so nasty) that you may find helpful. One is called Dis-Taste & the other is For-Bid

·
Registered
770 Posts
Oh yes, Daisy used to get excitement wee all the time when she was a pup! Even an event such as her jumping on the bed would be so exciting that she would just piddle all over the damn place!
Luckily though, Daisy has grown out of it, so fingers crossed Zuri should too.
As for the poo eating, Daisy has never done that so I can't really advise!

Heather

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Reese will eat her poo  :sick: she doesnt do it often anymore. She mostly did it in attempt to hide the fact that she poo'd in the house. She is pretty much housetrained now-few wet accidents here and there. she hasnt poo'd in the house for a while now. once she stopped that- she stopped eating her poo.lord i think i rambled a bit. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Calli used to eat her poo...it was worse when we first got her because the food we were using was so bad.  Switched her to Natures recipe and it helped a lot.  She still did it occasionally all of her 15 years but no telling her NO firmly and keeping an eye on her when she was out helped.  Our other 3 would walk a mile around a pile of poo!  They hated it! :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Both Mic and Indy have had a moment of Poo eating...makes me ill just thinking about it 8O ...I swore they'd never kiss me again, but I couldn't hold to it!  :oops:  the only solution I have found is to make sure that I go right out and clean up whatever poo they have deposited in the mornings and hose the patio off...basically, I don't leave them an opportunity...to be honest, I haven't seen them go for anything fresh...(bleh) only the dried variety...so keeping it picked up works for us!

YUCK!  :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hooosier has a poo fixation as well. We've been keeping an eye on him when he poos. We have gone back to rewarding him right after a poo and that has helped take his mind off of it. We've been giving jackpots if he investigates his fresh poo (that's all he'll eat) and walks away. He also gets to stay outside.

If he eats it, he gets a firm NO and his outside time is cut short. So far, so good. He started as a cover up for crapping in the house. He is about 90% housebroken now. Wait...you didn't ask me that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello I am new to this site and I am very pleased to find out I wasn't the only one to experience this peeing problem, my girl Belle did this till almost a year and then all of a sudden she stopped peeing on things. I have a cocker spaniel as well and never experienced this with him so I am beginning to think that this is a boxer thing and am happy she grew out of it now as she is 1 year and 3 months

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I had a puppy once that peed when she was excited but it wasnt with everyone. im sure she will outgrow it ..ive never experienced the poo eating but ill be extra careful to clean up all my pups poos now knowing he can eat them....yuck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts