Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patch will use his muzzle and push down on his food and then try to scoop water on to his food as well... He does this alot.. It gets very irritating because he makes a huge mess if we do not stop him.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wow..nope thats a new one for me..maybe he's wanting softer food..and already figured out how to get it (SMART dog!!)...then agin....maybe he's lazy butt like Ashley, and wants his food and water all at once to get done more quickly so he can play (ie: get into trouble..lol )

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
it could be that he wants softer food.... I would suggest getting a plastic tray from petco or wherever anc place it under the food/water dish and that way it makes a mess in the tray and not over the floor.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gaby will sometimes take a mouthfull of food from her bowl and drop it all over the floor and then start playing and throwing individual pieces in the air and pouncing on them :roll: ...I just try and ignor her when she does this, and then she gets board and clean it all up, and finishes what's left in her bowl.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
patch!! you stinker!! :roll: sumya did used todo that when she she did not like her food. we switched foods and it stopped.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thats a new one for me too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, the really weird part is that he doesn't do this everytime he eats.. only sometimes... he will even do it when we mix it with wet food. I guess he is just strange at times, lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
new one for me too. Tyson gets organic ground beef (browned to perfection in a sauce pan with a little water) with his organic kibble. so his food is already a little moist. spoiled huh? oh yeah, bottled spring water to wash it down with.

·
Registered
291 Posts
WOW YOUR TYSON EATS BETTER THAN I DO!! HAHA! HOW SPOILED OUR BABIES ARE! REMINDS ME OF OUR 1ST BOXER ACTUALLY PULLED OFF THE STOVE A HUGE PAN OF 5LBS OF REGULAR GROUND BEEF OFF THE STOVE WHILE IT WAS COOKING!! I WAS UPSET AT THE  TIME CAUSE I NEVER FIGURED A DOG TO TIP THE PAN OFF THE STOVE.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that's a new one on me..Angel sometimes drops her kibble on the floor, or accidently into the water bowl, but never seen any of mine do like Patch...What a silly boy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, he is a silly boy.. lol

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sam does the same exact thing but not all the time - you are right, it is irritating because kibble spills out over the bowl and it is a mess. Then Lucy is jolly on the spot, trying to get every last dropped kibble. See, just one more reason to get another one, then you don't have to clean up!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola makes a huge mess when she eats.  Gets on the floor and the wall! :roll:   I went out and bought a boot tray (I think someone on here suggested it) works wonders!  Now all I have to do is clean the tray......and the wall occasionally!

G

·
0 Posts
Never seen one of mine do that.  But the water is always messy for Binga.  Bear seems to be neater because he gobbles up his food and his water and then he is done.

Binga drinks the water and dribbles everywhere then eats slowly making a mess in the process.  

When they are both done Bear likes to play with one of the bowls.  He likes to step on the edge and knock it over.  He did it once with water IN the bowl   :roll:

I make sure and pick up all the bowls before play time.

The tray is a good idea...  it would be mostly for Binga though.  What a slob.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts