Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious about this.I have never actually heard of anyone using a boxer for any type of working dog.I figured since they are a working dog I would ask this question.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeah, Bo works really hard..... at eating, sleeping, playing, and pottying.... LOL

No, really... I don't know of any one that does use boxers as working dogs.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
THEY WERE BRED AS THAT..

LIZ AND LILLY ARE A TEAM....LILLY IS A HEARING SERVICE DOG

AND MY ISIS IS TRAINING FOR AUTISM SERVICE DOG

AND MANY MANY PLACES USE BOXERS AS SERVICE DOGS OF ALL TYPES..WHEN LIZ GETS ON SHELL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT..GOOD QUESTION THOUGH:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really?Thats awesome and I am glad to hear it.Is this training you do yourself or you have someone do for you?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
no no Liz's dog LIlly was prfessionally trained as a hearing service dog starting at 4 months old..

& my dog is being trained by a pro trainer as well

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There are many Boxers that are service dogs, police dogs, therapy dogs, I know some that work cattle, and a few (including one of my grand-pups) that herd sheep (for sport, though, not as an actual job).  Most people don't have a need for a working dog these days, so the Boxer is not used as extensively for that purpose as they once were, but the ability is there and is used in many cases. :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
My Lilly is a Hearing Alert Dog.  She has been training since she was 4 weeks old (first thing she started learning was recall).  Lilly's breeder started her training and when I was blessed with her, I continued her training.  She is a "golden child".  She has saved my life several times.

BTW:
I am a professional trainer.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D there she is..i knew shed pop up.i didnt want to offer any info or answer for ya Liz..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ty Ky.

Ok.  I'm gonna be off for a while (Kiki's appt), but I'll ping ya when I get home.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ok be here catchin up on some work finally...my laptop is back and ok...it was something about  my BIOS ..blah blah ..lol

gonna try to run the dogs this morning..see how i feel..not suppossed to but when do i ever listen lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts