Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
When people ask if Hank is a pit bull, or ask what breed he is, I tell them he is a adult, very large, Pug. :clap:
Now that is just mean! You do know some folks are prone to believing that!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was at the dog park one day and a lady said "you know, pit bulls are banned in Ontario" I said, I don't own a pit bull she's a boxer and she said.." that is NOT a boxer" and then proceeded to talk sh$t about my girl to her husband and said.. lets go this way so that PIT BULL doesn't attack what ever her dogs name was.. I also always get.. oohh.. you have a pocket boxer.. cute!! NO, she's just little!! Geeeze!!

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I was at the dog park one day and a lady said "you know, pit bulls are banned in Ontario" I said, I don't own a pit bull she's a boxer and she said.." that is NOT a boxer" and then proceeded to talk sh$t about my girl to her husband and said.. lets go this way so that PIT BULL doesn't attack what ever her dogs name was.. I also always get.. oohh.. you have a pocket boxer.. cute!! NO, she's just little!! Geeeze!!
By and large the girls only seem small when you see them next to male Boxers! Kinda surprising at how much larger the male Boxers are!

I tend to favor large dogs myself but with Boxers I just luv the girls! With the males "I've" found them much more willing to get down to business come training time, the girls...not so much!

It's more like "well whatever it is "you'r" doing is not as much fun as what I want to do! But I luv them! :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Maggie gets mistaken for a puppy because she's petite.

One young boy bicycling with his parents thought Mongo was a really big bulldog - his father corrected him and said it's a boxer (I just smiled)

The funniest is one day when I was walking them and these two ladies asked what breed they were.
After I said they are boxers - one of them asked what color Mongo was ??

I was like "....white??...." :crazy:

You should have said that she's a very rare white boxer LOL

·
Registered
4,943 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Maggie gets mistaken for a puppy because she's petite.

One young boy bicycling with his parents thought Mongo was a really big bulldog - his father corrected him and said it's a boxer (I just smiled)

The funniest is one day when I was walking them and these two ladies asked what breed they were.
After I said they are boxers - one of them asked what color Mongo was ??

I was like "....white??...."

That is seriously hilarious!!!! Really???!!!! Lol! People never cease to amaze me:joy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This happens to me all the time. What kind of dog is that? Is that a pit mix? Is that a boxer mixed with a pit bull?
No... he's a boxer. He has his papers. But his tail was docked a bit long and his white markings make him look different. I can't really blame people. He really does look more or less boxer depending on the angle.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
This happens to me all the time. What kind of dog is that? Is that a pit mix? Is that a boxer mixed with a pit bull?
No... he's a boxer. He has his papers. But his tail was docked a bit long and his white markings make him look different. I can't really blame people. He really does look more or less boxer depending on the angle.
Most likely the White markings on the face throw of the clueless. To tall wrong muzzle to thin no way would I ID him as a "Pit!"

2 year picture is the best some dogs are hard to photo camera shy thing.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Aw thank you :) he's cool with the camera, doesn't really have a choice (I take way too many pics of him haha)
OK my Gunther American Band Dawg hated camera's! I did find some photos of him from the early 2000's when I had a SLR. Have to get them posted. Struddell also! God she was tiny! :)

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Yeah post'em!
Gotta find the photo album again first and scan then post and they are both long gone now. :(

So not something I'm eager to do just yet, maybe when I get my next Boxer I will look more forward to the good past times. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
He looks beautiful to me! How can anyone not recognise that gorgeous boxer face?? :cry:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well this is all good to me. I would very much like 'undesirables' to give me a wide berth because i'm walking my 'big,scary Boxer!!' :cheers:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts