Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?sku=1031252

I saw them at Petco and wanted to see if anyone has tried them?  Or heard anything good or bad?

I know I'm in need of a safe way of cutting Beckham's front nails and it's hard to tell since his nails are black.  I don't want to hurt him and make him afraid of getting his nails trimmed.  He sits really well right now, but I know I don't trim enough off.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Re: Does anyone own one of these or know if they really work

I've never seen that before and it looks like a great concept for black nails.   If you get it, let us know how it works.

·
Registered
780 Posts

Never seen them but looks like a great idea.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

I also have never seen them but they seem really cool if they work like it says they will.  Yep....let us know! If they do I may be interested in using them at work :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

That isn't a bad price if they work as they say they do so please do let us know; I would be interested in it too.  Kiah does have clear nails, but I am afraid that I am too close anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I decided to get it and ordered it online, because of course non of the local stores have it.  So I should have it within a week and I'll let you all know how it works.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Can't wait to hear how it works. Looks real good.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I bookmarked the site, I also would be interested in how it works....Samson's nails grow like weeds and it's a pain taking him into the groomers every other week just to get his nails clipped

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The clippers arrived!  So I will try them when I get home and let you all know!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Can't wait to hear how they work. I need to order a pair of clippers....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Woo hoo, anxiously awaiting how they work..Showed them to Marq and he was really impressed, told me that I need some of those  :)

·
Registered
220 Posts

samsonsmom\";p=\"28563 said:
I bookmarked the site, I also would be interested in how it works....Samson's nails grow like weeds and it's a pain taking him into the groomers every other week just to get his nails clipped
Why not use a dremel tool with the sanding drum?  This is very quick and easy, I to Tyson's and Sophies nails in less than 5 minutes.  The best part is you can use very fine sanding drums so you don't remove too much nail too fast.

Scott

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Beckhams2ndmom is having "technical difficulties" with her computer at work and can't post a reply in this thread so I will post her experience with these clippers. In her own words "the clippers don't work worth a ____.  So frustrating  :)
It is impossible to hold the nail against the sensor (which you have to do in order for the quick to be detected).  The dog would pretty much have to be dead because any slight movement throws it all off.  Plus the anatomy of a dogs paw is not compatible with the design of the clipper's handle and angle that needs to be achieved for it to work.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I knew there was a reason to wait before I ordered them! Thanks Lisa for getting us that update  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts