Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use Grapenut cereal for a source of added fiber in the diet? Had a vet visit the other day and the vet had to do a anal gland expression on Hank because the glands were not expressing themselfs like they should. He want eat veggies anymore, has anyone here tried cereal? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmm, never heard of giving the grapenut cereal as a source of fiber. I'm not sure on that one. I know you can give some canned pumpkin, plain not the pie filling, as a source for fiber. Have you tried that? They usually like the pumpkin too.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'd feed plain oatmeal before I gave cereal.  Theres always hidden stuff even in "healthy" cereal, like soy, salt, preservatives.  You can buy oatmeal that has nothing in it.  Can't beat that quality fiber.  

I'm weary of my own intake of soy (it is literally in everything), so even more so with my dog.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Never tried grapenuts, but I give Ollie a little Kashi Go Lean every now and then mixed up in his Kong (with PB, bananas and yogurt) - he likes it very much. But I only give him a lil bit in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts