Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have been searching for a good breeder for a few weeks now with the help from my vet and my dog trainer. I got directed to a couple very respected breeders here in Alberta, who expecting pups in the spring.

I'm hoping for a plain brindle male as my last boxer was a fawn and I really want something different. One of the breeders had 2 litters planed but knew because of genetic traits that both litters would all be fawn pups. The other breeders litter was born Feb 7 and although there were 4 brindle males in the lot they all had "flash" which I'm not a fan of.

That has exhausted the recommendations that I had and left me wondering about a breeder I found on my own.

Paradigm Boxers has a nice web site, claims to focus on health and tempermant, doesn't breed too often and raised their dogs in the house. There is a litter due mid March that is expected to produce brindles and the male is a beautiful animal.

Here are the stats

Sire: Paradigm's Dynamic Bongo Health Testing
- Heart murmur free, OFA clear
- Hips: OFA 'good'
- Holter: Nov 2019 8 singles, 0 pairs, 0 runs
- DM: negative- two clear DNA copies

Dam: Ezrah vom Wurfelhof Unfortunately her page is down at the moment,
I'll have her info in a couple days

Does anyone know this breeder and have anything good or bad to say about them?

Is anyone familiar with either of these two dogs?

Is the health info for Bongo good? and what else should I ask about him?

·
Registered
446 Posts
What kind of heart test did Bongo have? Was it an echocardiogram? I think I would want to know that on both parents as well as the holter info. The But one thing I have learned about buying a new pup is all these health tests and screenings are important but temperament is important too sires n/n DM test is a good thing but you do need that info on the dam as well, will they let you come see the parents? When I was looking for dogs before I ran into some breeders who were not honest at all about their dogs medical or temperaments and I was able to walk quickly away when I became suspicious. That's why I like home visits so you can see for yourself I don't think you can be too careful these days you want a good sound and healthy dog.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crystal is a wonderful breeder. You are in good hands.
Thanks for extra recommendation

Along with great recommendations for her dedication to breeding for health and temperament I really like that she is actually very close to where I live.

My boy was born almost 3 weeks ago and I will be attending classes along with Crystal and my boys sister for confirmation. I've only ever done CKC obedience trials in the past but I'm excited to learn and try out the show ring as Crystal has high hopes for my guy as his dad Bongo is her best male..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts