Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I rescued a 4 week old pup 2 - 3 weeks ago, we named him Butchie (you may remember me from the welcome forum).  When I first took him, he weighed in at 1.5 lbs.  After bottle feeding for a few weeks, and now starting him on a good quality puppy food 3 times a day, he weighs 8lbs at 6-7 weeks, does that sound ok??  To look at him, you'd say he was a fatso, I'm just worried about underfeeding, but I don't want him to be fat either :roll:  I was just wondering if any of you can tell me how much any of your pups weighed at this age.

He is doing great here with us, and has developed a LOVE for walking with his harness and leash on :D  We also finally found out what his parents are....mom is a purebred boxer (with papers and everything!!  how this happened is a puzzle to me) and dad is a boxer/lab mix.

Thanks in advance...

Ley xxxx

Attachments

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i would say he is going to be a small boy, strictly because of the start he had. If he is eating well, then i wouldnt worry too much. reese was around 10-13 lbs at 2 months (8 weeks) so he seems to be on track

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'd say 6.5 pounds in 2-3 weeks is pretty darn good. As long as he is gaining and healthy, that's all I would worry about. Don't even worry about comparing him to any other puppy. They are all different!  :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maggie's is 9 weeks and I'm assuming that she's about 15 lbs.  All the sudden like a light switch flicked she got so big on us lol.

Do you have any more pictures of your boxer at 6 weeks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is eating very well, no problems there.

How old is Reese now, and what does he weigh?  It's a huge relief to know that I'm getting the feeding right.  I've never rescued one quite this young before, so we are learning as we go.  It doesn't really matter to me whether he ends up being a smaller dog...as long as he is healthy...going to be calling the vet for his immunization appt today.  After spending the last 10 months or so with a great pyrenees, it might be a good thing if he does stay kinda small! lol

Ley xxxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take some new pics of him tonight, and post them when hubby comes home with my camera :D

Ley xxxx

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think he's doing very well and considering how young you got him, that is awesome.... :) Look forward to seeing some new pics of him, he looks so sweet...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear he is doing well, what a cutie he is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts