Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses baby do this....
sometimes Mia will just be lying still or laying around & she will start smacking her lips/mouth, like she has thrown up in her mouth. Sometimes its just spittle, sometimes she actually does vomit a little. She has been diagnosed with allergies & has been given prednisone shots once before & she sneezes a lot. We keep her full of Benadryl when the sneezing gets too much but luckily she has only been really bad once & had to have the steroid shot. I was just wondering if anyone elses boxer does the smacking/spitting up thing & if its possibly related to allergies. I know the allergies is a Boxer thing & the vet has diagnosed her with it so I'm not too too worried about it, she responds well to the benadryl. During the time she was diagnosed with the allergies we also had to put her on over the counter heartburn meds. Just curious! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
mias_mommy\";p=\"61014 said:
Does anyone elses baby do this....
sometimes Mia will just be lying still or laying around & she will start smacking her lips/mouth, like she has thrown up in her mouth. Sometimes its just spittle, sometimes she actually does vomit a little. She has been diagnosed with allergies & has been given prednisone shots once before & she sneezes a lot. We keep her full of Benadryl when the sneezing gets too much but luckily she has only been really bad once & had to have the steroid shot. I was just wondering if anyone elses boxer does the smacking/spitting up thing & if its possibly related to allergies. I know the allergies is a Boxer thing & the vet has diagnosed her with it so I'm not too too worried about it, she responds well to the benadryl. During the time she was diagnosed with the allergies we also had to put her on over the counter heartburn meds. Just curious! Thanks!
Yes, Jessie does it at least once a day...

Jessie, as far as I know, has never shown any signs for allergies before!  She is due for a check up after the new year, so I will speak to my vet about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, make me feel better knowing she's not the only one, again, i guess one of those lovely "boxer things!"

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson smacks his lips a lot, it sounds like he's eating something even when I know he isn't...Kinda strange actually and I've seen Angel do that as well, but never any vomit...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours does that too occasionally.  It is annoying especially when you KNOW they haven't had anything to eat but you still have to get up and check to see if there really was something they got into.  Teaki also hacks and sometimes there is some spit with it.  Of course there are also lots of burps with ours. 8O  :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yeah, Ringer smacks his lips in the am as does one of my friend's Dobies.  They both also do it when they are hungry and whining isn't getting them anywhere. ;)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis does it too hubby swears shes part cow chewing cud hahahaha ..shes got allergies to fresh cut grass ..& think i heard tht sometimes a steady bendryl stint will give them heartburn sometimes..nothing serious..

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ekim also smacks no vomit though, he also does that constant licking think like when he is going to vomit. Delila just grinds her teeth, BTW I found one of her baby teeth on the floor, tooth fairy had to bring her a little toy.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Maverick smacks his lips with no vomit tho. I always check to see what he is eating sometimes it is nothing but many times he has found something like a little piece of kibble or the cats hair...we have a himilayan so lots of fur. Many times tho it is just the lips and i always thought he was trying to tell me he wants more food but he is a little piglet already. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts