Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petey backs up every time he goes big potty, usually stepping in it in the process. Is this normal, will he grow out of it and how can we help him grow out of it? I've never had a dog do this before.--Rich

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel doesn't back up exactly, but he tends to nearly fall over since when he squats he accidentally steps on his back feet, with his front feet.  :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Maddie does some burns around the yard, than some circling, than squats and than takes two steps back and than poops.  It's like some sort of ritual or something.  :bigrazz:  She is a little over two so I don't know if he will grow out of it.  Does he back up after he poops? She does it right before. Maybe Petey is trying to balance himself?? I don't know, boxers have all kinds of little quirks......but that's why we love 'em!  :winkle:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, he backs up before and during the process. I could see it being because he's trying to balance himself because his legs are getting so long though. He falls down a lot!!--Rich

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:rofl:  just sounds like the clumsy puppy stage!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope so, we'll see. I just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this before--Rich

·
Registered
521 Posts
Beckham backs up sometimes.  It's no fun to clean up poopy paws.

What I started doing is distracting/praising him as soon as he's done.  He'll come towards you instead of backwards.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i dont know if jessie does... i'll pay more attention next time... if she does do it, its not a significant move she makes...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Reese-She will start to fall forward, then put more weight in her hind end which causes her to back up a bit. she does the poop walk though so the piles are usually small and she doesnt step inthem. you can always tell where she has been, there is a little line :D
Savannah-she is a shy girl-she wont poo if you look at her. It is to the point with her she will only poo on concrete  :? (whats up with that??) so i have to spray my patio off many times a day-very stinky.

Any ideas on how to get her to stop?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="Chloesmom\";p=\"7209":32gd7zg8]Reese-She will start to fall forward, then put more weight in her hind end which causes her to back up a bit. she does the poop walk though so the piles are usually small and she doesnt step inthem. you can always tell where she has been, there is a little line :D
Savannah-she is a shy girl-she wont poo if you look at her. It is to the point with her she will only poo on concrete

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tyson puts all of his weight on his front legs and lifts his back legs completley off the ground. He does the same thing when he goes pee. He tends to face plant a lot. But he doesnt want to get poo on him, I guess thats a good thing. funny to watch tho

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin squats and sometimes not always does he back up a little... just a couple of steps... it looks more like he's trying to balance to me though.  What's weird to me is afterwards he scratches at the ground... like a cat would. Again, not always but sometimes.

·
Registered
977 Posts
O.K. Whilst we're on the subject of sharing poo stories (if my husband asks what we talk about on this forum i will have to lie :lol: ). Voltaire has eaten grass in the past, had a poo, instead of falling it's stayed hanging on and he's gone completely ballistic thinking there's something trying to attack him and running like a lunatic to get away :axe: stopping long enough from time to time to have a snap at it. How we laughed the first time it happened :rofl: . How i didn't laugh when i had to do the necessary clean-up afterwards. It's happened 3 times so far- anyone else???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not yet with Petey, but with our bassetts. They don't like that too much when it happens either--Rich

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh yes....the hanging dingleberries!!!  :shifty:

We've had hair hangings...pieces of toys that were chewed up....a piece of wool from a rug.
Yes, it's funny to watch them running away from these mysterious hanging items, running 90 miles an hour around the backyard like their butts are on fire. :eek:nfire:  Then scooting around looking so pitiful!  :doh:  I always have to call my husband to get a baby wipe, then I have him wipe for the dogs!!  :signeek:
Hey I have been wiping baby butts for years now....he can wipe the dog!!  :bigrazz:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Too right! Fair's fair! Dingleberries- that's hilarious! I call 'em Cling-ons like Star Trek! You just don't want it happening in front of strangers do you? Sooo embarrassing :oops: ! And you have to catch 'em quick before they make a mess of it themselves :sick:!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
caillou\";p=\"7260 said:
Too right! Fair's fair! Dingleberries- that's hilarious! I call 'em Cling-ons like Star Trek! You just don't want it happening in front of strangers do you? Sooo embarrassing :oops: ! And you have to catch 'em quick before they make a mess of it themselves :sick:!
LMAO!!!

Jessie always gets my hair cought in her poop... the other day i had to knock it off with my shoe! LOL!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That is terrible :rofl: I'm just picturing you on one leg trying to take aim for a swipe :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
caillou\";p=\"7265 said:
That is terrible :rofl: I'm just picturing you on one leg trying to take aim for a swipe :lol:
LOL!  it was sight, thats for sure... I was afraid of kicking her feet out..

·
Registered
977 Posts
OMG what you wouldn't do for the love of your boxer :lol: !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts