Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your boxer do the good morning shake!?  I'm not talking about the wiggle when they are happy, but the shake they would do if they are wet.  Every morning when Bruce gets up you can here his jowels and ears flapping as he does his wake up shake.  I think its more too wake us up, or its a sign for us to be prepared as he is jumping up on bed to tell us he's awake.  We don't let him wear his collar to sleep because the tags smashing together is worse than an alarm clock.

Anybody else experience this?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That is so weird that you posted this.  I was wondering the EXACT thing!  Binga does this...   when she gets up in the morning she does that and it flaps her ears LOUD.  Its very irritating if I am trying to squeeze in a few more zzzz's.  Ha.

I would like to know why they do this too.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ours never wear collars in the house for that reason !!! lol..every morning..its BOTH of them....and its not a short one its a long one followed by a quick flop on the floor, roll around on the back and get back up and shake again :roll:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Buster absolutely does that.  In fact we do not need an alarm clock to get up during the week because he automatically gets up, shakes like he just got a bath, and jumps on us!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah and Keegan both shake the minute they get up, they don't wear their collars inside or I probably would jump out of bed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
hahaha...both of our do this and my husband thinks it obnoxious!!!!!! They do the ear/jowel flapping combined with the floor on the floor!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
oh yeah, and with Kash is goes all the way back.  Nothing like two nuggest smacking against the thighs on the big morning shake!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yep his fan club!! ha ha ha  - they are actually louder than the combo of ear/jowlels in the shake!   However that is how I can tell who is awake first.   :lol:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I get trio-shake with Phoebe being the loudest!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Boz does it everytime he gets up! He doesn't wear a collar inside either for this reason and his collars irritates his neck we're looking for one that doesn't do this, any suggestions?? Anyways, I love his shakes, I hope Dezi does it when he gets older!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"104937":2421zdc0]oh yeah, and with Kash is goes all the way back.

·
Banned
2,813 Posts
Paco does this too, everytime he wakes up or after a good stretch.  He also loves to roll arround on his back on my bedroom floor immediately after the shake. Who knew that floppy ears and flapping jowels could be SO loud?  Then if I don't get up fast enough I get to hear his patented whine. I've never has such a whiney dog before either. Oh well, got to love our babies.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes!!! All three of them!   It sounds like we have helicopter in the bedroom in the morning...whoop,whoop, whoop, whoop...and then Ssnnnffff!!!! (spit flying everywhere!)  Cracks me up! :)

Hey, I have a question...did you ever manage to get pics of the 110 pound boxer?? I couldn't find em and I am SO curious! :) We have an 80 pounder in the family...and my SIL says her dog Donovan was better then 100 pounds...I always wondered what that looked like!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts