Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone elses dog hate to hear a baby cry. Tucker stops in his tracks and wants to go to them.

Last night he barked a couple of times because I wouldn't let him go see the youngin. His mom looked at me like she was sure I had a killer dog.

Then a while later an older child was crying because her mom declared the end of play time. Tucker was pulling to go over when the little girl spotted us and came running. I got a close hold just in case but Tucker sniffed, she petted and all was fine.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
yep... mine too... she thinks it is her job to fix the crying,, and to make the baby stop.. she does a pretty good job of it... Bella can stop a hurt cry and sad cry and a tired cry as well as a full blown temper tantrum on my autistic foster child,, she licks the temper right out of them.....I think they are so tuned into peoples emotions they can't help but to try and help

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that. I can't picture Tucker hurting anyone but I found myself wondering if a foot long squeeling creature was viewed as human or prey.

He barks at kids playing in the street but it's not the deep warning bark, it's his high pitched bark that seems to mean that kids shouldn't be playing without him.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Mine are like that too! My husky, Gus, was good for it....when Hope would cry, he would go over and lay next to her.

Here's what he use to do, this started when him and Hope were "wee ones" and it continued as they grew

He was a real "kid dog" though....loved getting in the tub with them. EVERY single night I had to deal with a wet husky

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I don't enjoy the sound of baby/child crying. Oh wait you asked about dogs...lol All of mine have been incredibly nurturing except that one incident when my last akita basically molested one of my kids friends. Thankfully he was over enough he was family and laughed when I said "well...I just think he really likes you... a lot".

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
well that kid was older and if they are on the floor well the game is on right... lol

Oh gosh...he was probably 12-13, the perfect age for something like that to be really embarrassing. Lord I should keep this to myself but that kid practically lived here so everyone's immediate reaction was to laugh. :disgusted: And then I realized he was sorda 'pinned down' and had to intervene. :doh: I felt so bad all I could do was make a joke. At that age it would have been far more embarrassing if I asked if he needed a cigarette. Sorry..in hindsight it is awful and funny in one of those awkward please get your nose out of my croch kind of ways. :down:

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
lol.. I thought he got the humping thing goin on.. we have had that with my teenage son too and all I can do is laugh... it is way too funny.. Bella has not done that yet but Crash was game for it...
It was the humping thing...and the only time he did it. I was just referencing the croch sniffin' to emphasize the awkward moment. :doh:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
she runs over to console you.:)
So what does she do to console when she gets there. Tucker just sniffs but doesn't do anything that looks like affection. He is kind of like that with everything.

When he sees a new dog he pulls and tugs to get there and after the introductory sniff he is done with them. He is the same with new people.

I was blaming his non Boxer behavior on the Mastiff mix after reading that they can be aloof around other dogs but I have almost decided that he is just odd.

I took a long coughing fit with the flu and decided to end it with a groan, sigh and just go limp just to see what he would do....he chewed his bone.

Definitely not a nurse in a former life.

·
Registered
670 Posts
yup... last summer we were at a water park and my big old girl who had not learnt to swim as of yet decided she was going to rescue a crying child on the other side of the water hole by swimming to him...

no fear when a baby is in need!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts