Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the newspapers yesterday were plastered in stories about a 10 year old boy who was attacked by a pair of Rottweilers here on Sunday.  He wasn't seriously injured, thank God, but to see the coverage in the newpapers (particularly the tabloids) you'd think he'd been killed.  Responsible journalism this is not...

The dogs were guard dogs who managed to get out of their house and their owners rang the police to report it as soon as they noticed.  Unfortunately, the dogs had already run into the next estate and had attacked the boy before the police or the owners managed to find them.  They have been destroyed already.

All the papers are also full of pictures of the boy sitting in hospital with his couple of bandages, with his mother.  Now that really annoys me.  I was attacked and seriously injured by a dog when I was 2, but at no point did it even cross my parents' minds to ring up the papers and get a bit of publicity out of it.  No doubt they'll sue the dogs' owners too.

Now I just have to wait for the inevitable backlash against "vicious" breeds that will no doubt ensue in the papers...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now especially, it seems like the slightest thing will get the media into a frenzy. And no doubt about it, the media does make matters worse a lot of times...I feel bad for the boy, but there's no reason to make this into a huge mess..Yea, I'm sure the parents will sue, which is a shame, and the Rotties very well could be put down because of it, but if the media would get off everyone's back, it probably could be resolved a lot easier....

Ok, can you tell I have "issues" with the media??? Lol, I'll quit my ranting..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts