Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use them? Does your dog really sleep on it or not really.I was thinking about getting one but didnt know if it would be a waste of money

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've got one in my bedroom. Maddie uses it. From my experience with dog beds I've found that they really like the bolster beds or ones that have a pillow for their head!  :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sadie has a dog bed, she likes it especially in the kitchen because the floor will just not do!  :lol: She sleeps in her crate for most of the night, and OUR bed for the second part of the night, at around 2am.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have one I keep in the office, but most of the time neither Samson or Angel uses it...I may donate them to the shelter...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Kaci can't/won't sleep in her kennel without at least one bed. She has two in there most of the time.

Milo sometimes will sneak into her kennel and sleep in her kennel/beds, but we've tried to give him his own and he just destroys it after a day or two.

They also have a big bed at the end of our bed and if they don't like us kicking them on the bed they'll lay on it at night.

Spoiled doggies. :lol:

here is a picture of Kaci's kennel and her beds:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I got Oggie a dogbed last weekend at Target.  I don't let him on the furniture and the wood floors are cold in my house  (I had to remove all the carpets because he likes to pee on them).  He was always just resting on this blanket so I figured a dogbed would get him off the floor.  I got him a cheap $20 thing (he's still pretty small) and he loves it!  I actually have to carry it from room to room because he wants to be by my feet, but as long as I bring it in he will sleep on it.  And at night I bring it next to my bed and sleeps like a baby all night.  I originally intended to crate him at night but he's so well behaved I don't see the point.  

In fact he's sleeping in it as I type this:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry ate his bed.  Well, he chewed it up.  I have lots of fleece "throw" blankets around.  He likes to sleep on those.  Wal-Mart has some for $3.97 right now, so now he has a new one. :lol:  :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
In Jettas crate are those cheap walmart throw blankets, lol...she peed on the bed and it's hard to clean a bed...blankets are much easier

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona has a bed inside her crate and she sleeps on that.  She also has one outside of her crate at the end of the couch and she never sleeps on it, but the cat likes it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ringer has a bed in his crate and on beside my bed.  He will sleep in bed with me until I can't take his gas anymore or he can't take my restlessness anymore.  Then he happily sleeps on his bed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kassy always had a bed, I made her one that had a big padded ring around the outside cause she always like to have a pillow under her head, she would drag cushions off the couch to lay on!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Apollo has a BIG pillow bed in his crate...which is were he sleeps except for if he gets warm then the kitchen floor works nicely!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine have big pillow beds in their crate.  Of course they sleep on them when they are in there.  I also have by my bed.  Mo will sleep in it every now and then but not alot.  They sleep in the bed with me or on the couch.  My babies are spoiled!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Haven uses her doggy bed all the time. WELL WHEN SHE IS NOT USING MY BED. LOL ( i promise she is crate trained but she has trained me not to put her in there)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ours have eaten most of their beds - they seem to enjoy dragging them into the back garden and ripping them to shreds while we're at work!  They tend to lop on the couches in the evening while we're still up and then once we go to bed they sleep on a duvet in the kitchen.  I would say that unless you're planning to let him sleep in your room or on the sofa, you need something soft and warm for him to lie on.

·
Registered
780 Posts
All of ours have loved beds.  The only time the beds got chewed was when the two we got as puppies tugged on them.  Telling them no and keeping an eye on them worked for us and they never chewed the beds when they were older.  We had a large one by our bed and they share it and then we usually have two smaller ones in the living room for them and they are always on them (was the only way to keep them from laying in front of the couch so we could put the foot rest up  8O ).  I am working on making two more now since the other ones were old so we threw them away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts