Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for this topic but could not find anything.

Can anybody recommend a good bed???

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So glad to see this post. I've been searching for a completely washable dog bed myself. Not just the cover, but the whole bed. The ones with the polyfill liners just don't wash/dry well. I'm thinking about ordering a washable tufted bed from Drs FosterSmith anyone using one? Donner shares his home with 4 cats and unfortunately about 1-2 times a month he must tick one of them off and they pee on his bed in retaliation, gross I know but I can't catch them in the act so our beds get A LOT  of washes :roll: I currently am using a regular dog bed with a plastic coated foam bed tucked in the liner. It's the only place other than the litter box that they go, any tips to stop this would be welcome too. PS I have 3 litter boxes and they are cleaned daily so I really think it's an "catittude" problem.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have 2 that don't get used anymore. Since we brought Angel home, Samson has decided that he doesn't want to lay in them for some reason. So, I'm thinking about cleaning them up and taking them to the animal shelter...I bought a new one for Samson at Christmas, it's cedar inside and then has a removable cover..Cedar doesn't hold smells, but the down side is that it's a bit noisy, took Samson a week to get used to it.  :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Someone I met who has a Great Dane gave me this idea- to use a crib/toddler bed mattress for a dog bed.  It already is enclosed in plastic and you could further put a waterproof sheet and another sheet on it.  

The mattress has good support, they can stretch out, they can't tear it apart that easily...

You can usually find one cheap at a garage sale if you don't have a toddler who is outgrowing one...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The crib mattress is a great idea.  I wonder if you couldn't buy memory foam and do the same thing for a whole lot cheaper. Sorry with those first links.  That is what I wanted, but wow didn't realize how expensive they were.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you can find one at a garage sale, it should be pretty cheap.  I have seen them for $5 or $10.  I have two younger children (4 & 2 yrs old) so Tonka will have one as soon as I move my 4 yr old to a twin bed.  The mattresses I have were not cheap, they were $100 mattresses with foam, no coils.  He will be very comfy!  LOL

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Was so excited over this find couldn't wait to tell hubby, he's thrilled too but wants to buy a "new" mattress for Donner, so I guess for the 1st time in 20+ years I'm going shopping for a toddler bed, for my dog LMAO. I guess if you add up what I've spent on crappy beds already it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
YEAH A TODDLER MATTRESS AT LEAST IS ABOUT 30 - 50 DOLLARS VERY INEXPENSIVE! WE BOUGHT A DOGGIE BED FOR TYSON -HE HAS NO INTEREST BECAUSE HE IS WAY TOO GOOD FOR A DOG BED ONLY OUR BED WILL DO ! HE CURLS UP SOMETIMES, BUT WHEN ITS TIME TO STRETCH OUT THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THE THREE OF US - HOPE THE HUBBY DOES'NT MIND SLEEPING ON THE COUCH???HAHA!!

~STEPHANIE~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts