Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gunnar attended beginner training classes at PetSmart last year and there was an incident involving him and an English Bulldog that scared me.  Tyson, the bulldog, had an annoying habit of barking and going down on his front legs (don't know if u understand, his front legs down, hiney in the air, instructor said he was challenging the other dogs) and provoking the other dogs.  Gunnar even lost his "girlfriend" a 1 1/2 year old great dane because of Tyson's behavior.  Belle's mom and dad just couldn't control her and it seemed Tyson constantly goaded her.  Anyways, the day the incident happened we were learning meet and greet.  You face the other dog/owner and get them to sit.  Then on command they are allowed to get up and "greet" the other dog.  Then you pull away and walk on.  Simple enough, right.  Well, Gunnar did great with the other dogs, who ranged from a german shepherd to a furry rat looking thing.  haha She was cute as a button!!  Anyways, when it was Gunnar and Tyson's turn, Tyson started his crap again.  Pardon my french, but he did this all the time to the other dogs.  Well, I had Gunnar in his sit, Tyson was barking and  Gunnar lunged.  I got him back before they ever got too close, but it was VERY upsetting just the same.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes, I know what you guys are talking about.  My 2 do it to each other when they're chasing about in the yard.  That's why I said I couldn't explain very well.  Tyson absolutely was not playing, he was barking and snarling and just not behaving very well.  When we'd sit in a circle around the room, he would suddenly charge at the end of his leash.  Several dogs besides Gunnar had issues with him, so I do not feel it was all Gunnar's fault.  (As you know, I'm not in the LEAST partial to him either!! haha)  The great danes owners pulled her and also a male german shepherd left the class, all because Tyson made the dogs too difficult to handle.  Gunnar and him only had that 1 standoff, thank goodness.  Other than that, the class was great and we learned a lot!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Believe me, thats what several owners wished would happen.  We just tried to sit on the opposite side of the room and try to keep our dogs from paying attention to him.  Fortunately, their little showdown happened towards the end of our classes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.