Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday before i went to work i fed Zeus and Dante and everything was fine. I went to get their leashes from the laundry room. I come back and when they went to pass eachother they just blew up. Their were no early signs of dog postures of aggression before they passed eachother. But they just tore at it and it got ugly. Dante kicked Zeus' butt. Zeus has been a little up tight lately when he aint playful and picking on everyone. Dante put him in his place and i hate to say that. Zeus has a few scratches and Dante got Zeus ear a little bit. Then this morning in bed Dante growled at the puppy in anger and Zeus stepped in i guess to let him know dont pick on Jet but take me on and they started at it again. This happens every once in a while, but i put Dante in time out for a little bit and they are all happy again. They are just so crazy!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ours fight like that too.  We usually knew what brought it on with our two girls (UPS man, animal in yard, etc.) they went after each other because they couldn't get to the UPS man, cat, etc.  With Teaki and Ziggi it was different they would get into it coming in the house in the mornings because Ziggi thought he should always be first and because their food was waiting for them and he didn't like any other animals around when he ate.  We had some blood baths with both and it was very scary.   They are much better now because we changed how they are fed (still fed together but fed before going out to potty in the morning), they have to sit before getting fed, etc.  

The only one we had who didn't get into fights with any of the other ones was Calli (she was first and BOSS no questions asked).  The other two always fought over bones, and things in the yard but even after a bloody fight they were best friends 10 minutes later, kissing each other and being best buddies!  Go figure!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was begining to have serious problems with brick and tyson for a while. Brick was continually showing agression to tyson and it was getting them into quite a few fights. One ended up with brick getting a small piece of his ear torn. After that i stepped back and changed the way i was handling the situation.  I stopped putting brick in another room when they started giving each other they "stink eye" and  distracted him and petted him and gave him treats for being a "good dog"  and got them together doing lil tricks and stuff. Overall, I believe it stemmed from brick thinking tyson was getting all the attention, and we made sure brick got his attention too. Since then we havent had any problems between them. I know every situation is different, but sometimes its easier to figure out than you think. If you take a lil time to anaylize the situation. Just wish i had done that sooner instead of later in my case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts