Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's your question here? What type of dog food to buy? Raw diet vs wet food vs kibble? or is it really, should you feed your dog the cheapest stuff you can or the most expensive?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your question here? What type of dog food to buy? Raw diet vs wet food vs kibble? or is it really, should you feed your dog the cheapest stuff you can or the most expensive?
Was one of my first of the three posts to unlock permissions and I didn't quite understand that I should have been more specific I usually buy expensive dog food like taste of the wild etc but recently tried Purina and have notice clean up to be easier and they bulked up a bit? Maybe it's winter fur lol never tried royal cabin because I can't justify 60 a a bag just because it had dog specific pics I can make my own filler free food cheaper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's lots of opinions here about what food to feed your dog. There is a whole section on raw feeding and lots of people on this forum make that choice for their dogs. There are also quite a few threads already about what makes a good quality kibble. I recently switched our baby girl to kibble and used the recommendation of someone here who told me to check out the website :www.dogfoodadvisor.com and to choose a food that was rated four stars or above, was able to be easily purchased and was a cost point i could tolerate. I decided to use Victor food because I can purchase it through Chewey.com at the same price as at my local boutique pet store.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
There's lots of opinions here about what food to feed your dog. There is a whole section on raw feeding and lots of people on this forum make that choice for their dogs. There are also quite a few threads already about what makes a good quality kibble. I recently switched our baby girl to kibble and used the recommendation of someone here who told me to check out the website :www.dogfoodadvisor.com and to choose a food that was rated four stars or above, was able to be easily purchased and was a cost point i could tolerate. I decided to use Victor food because I can purchase it through Chewey.com at the same price as at my local boutique pet store.
I also feed Victor, I think is a good food, rated well, per dogfoodadvisor and is priced decently. My dogs do well on it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Royal Canine, is an easy one to eliminate. By and large it's over priced crap. "BUT" if your dog has a specific dietary need ... it would be the way to go.

Assuming such is not the case??? Let's move on. :)

Victory's is a very good food, and they do have a formula that has Glucosamine and Chondroitin for joints. Zachy's is also a very good food.:
Zach's Dog Food Home - Zach's Quality Dog Food

But depending on where you live it may not be available locally??? Victor's can also be a challenge to find locally?? If you have a Costco Card??? There are the Costco brand foods. They have there regular foods and they also carry a grain free formula.

I've used Kirkland for years now and switched to there grain free for my GSD's itchy issues, I never had that problem before I got him, but whatever. :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Fromm Gold is good. My dogs have lots of shine to their coats. The 70-Lb dog gets 2-1/2 cups a day. When searching factor in how many cups per dog's weight.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Fromm Gold is good. My dogs have lots of shine to their coats. The 70-Lb dog gets 2-1/2 cups a day. When searching factor in how many cups per dog's weight.
This is what the breeder was feeding on my st. poodle pup, I will keep him on it since he does so well, maybe eventually switching him to the victor. I can only get the Fromm at one pet store where its not really convenient

1 - 9 of 9 Posts