Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to high-jack AnnArtisans thread but this topic came up in it and I was curious about it. What stores in your area are dog friendly? We all know about Petsmart, etc. What about others you might not think about who allow dogs?? Around here it's Lowes (haven't tried Home Depot yet) Country Max, TSC and our local NAPA. At Napa Sophie used to know the shelf they kept the dog treats on and would run to it after greeting all the employees and wait for her treat!  Kelly is much bolder about it than I am and says "if there's no sign saying NO DOGS, they go with me" LOL Any others with dog friendly businesses???

·
Registered
314 Posts
My husband's sister lives in Plano, tx and there is this area down that where we stay called Legacy.  It is beautiful and they are all dog friendly!!! It was so funny watching ladies push their little designer dogs in strollers from store to store.  But all the boutiques allow dogs and as far as i know everyone loves them it was the coolest thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The only place i know of is a little mom & pop drive through convenience store.  You can take them inside the store part or just in your car, and their guaranteed at least one bone.  The girls that work there think the boxers are so cute (of course) that they always get three or four!  I'm going to have to try Lowe's, but i think i remember a sign on the door that only assistance dogs are allowed.  :cry:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've never seen a dog in a Lowes or other hardware store around here... in fact the only time I've seen dogs in places other than petstores was once or twice someone had a tiny dog in a bag at walmart.  Don't know if they were actually allowed in there though.  It will be harder to hide my babies in a purse!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have taken Sam to Bubbles Car Wash and to the Cadillac dealership...haven't tried Lowe's yet though. I will have to check my store to see if there is a sign.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have seen dogs in our home depot but its right next door to petsmart so maybe thats why.....Hardly ever see dogs in petco here......My husband and I are opening a restaurant hopefully in the near future, we broke ground but still waiting on the foundation and everything else to follow.  But we will have a patio area so I will bring Duke and let him sit on the patio!  Maybe I could start like a dog night on the patio ...LOL

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
We are in California and I think dogs maybe allowed at Trader Joe's (a small specialty grocery store chain) I know I've seen them at the Santa Cruz one, but then again Santa Cruz is quite different from pretty much any other place on earth, I'll have to try our local one in Pasadena.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I do believe the only place dogs are allowed to go is Petsmart and Petco....Tractor Supply when the vet is there.  But if you have a small dog and you put it in a cute purse I do believe they are allowed anywhere......This makes me mad, just because they are small enough to fit in your purse doesn't make them any different.  :roll:  If you let a little chiuawha (I can't spell) in Target then my 70lb boxer should get to come in.  I'm sure if I found a big suitcase that rolls of course, I could cut the top off and he could sit in that....does that count?  :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
[quote="DUKE01\";p=\"85877":23ol97co]But if you have a small dog and you put it in a cute purse I do believe they are allowed anywhere......This makes me mad, just because they are small enough to fit in your purse doesn't make them any different.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Jetta loves Home Depot, they have a little orange vest for her when she comes in!  She's also been to two other lumber stores in our area.  She goes to all the pet stores of course.  And there are two coffee shops in town that allow dogs (its great my favorite has a downstairs portion where dogs are allowed on leashes, and for people who don't like dogs there is an upstairs portion)  I do my homework with both Jetta and Oscar at my feet =)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ok, I will have to check out our Home Depot and see what happens..To be homest, I have never thought to try and take mine any place other than pet places...Nice idea Lori

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL at the drive through posts. This is the scene from the baristas point of view at our local coffee shop. They all LOVE the dogs, one took this pic on her cell phone and sent it to us, crazy moochin' pups. BTW just spoke with hubby on the phone and he said pups have gone to Home Depot too!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well it's funny my Bride brought up this topic. I've taken Donner to way more stores than she has listed. hehe What you guys dont realize is that in that pic of the pups at the drive thru coffee shop, what you're not seeing is the little horns cleverly disguised as ears. She's no where near as laid back as Donner. It's going to take a little more work for her than it did Donner.
But she will get there.  :rofl:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I used to work at lowes, before I had to go on medical. it's assistance dogs only, but people would carry in their toy breeds all the time. nobody ever bothered stopping them.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've taken Gaby into the bank with me one time, there were no signs stating no dogs and no one bothered me about it either....and of course I also take her into pet smart....I'm gonna have to try walmart and canadian tire one of these days as well...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was quite surprised to see how many business's actually let dogs in. The tellers in the bank are always asking me to bring the dogs in but I havn't yet.  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Home Depot here allows us to take in dogs. Chicken Express also gives a free "doggy tender" everytime we have the girls in the car with us! we usually just go and get a Sweet Tea, but the girls (havent gone with samson yet) always get free food!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts